e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

6 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

Lol, I can't even imagine the shitstorm if they even moved a single crate.

Well the first walkthrough I found today by some guys was a continuous “oh wtf” “oh what the shit this is shit” cos couple corners are changed? 😒

Nading A-long will take adjustment, the building is much taller now.

Spotted couple more differences in crates, A-connector crate is wider and lower, lower the one on A-ramp looks like, and taller? the one in mid (or at least removed the pro-jump).

Personally I like much more B side of the map, visually speaking.

43 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Well the first walkthrough I found today by some guys was a continuous “oh wtf” “oh what the shit this is shit” cos couple corners are changed? 😒

Well, it was obvious that this would happen. But it's still just stupid. Unfortunately these guys are usually pretty loud so it's hard to ignore them. But Valve will just have to.

The gameplay of the map is as close to the previous version as it can be. There are just a few small changes, that are probably intended and absolutely make sense to me.

The visuals are really amazing, imo it's (by far) the best looking CS:GO map atm.

But on the other hand it might be frustrating for ambitious community creators, because Valve have raised the bar so high that only a few will come even close to this level when creating custom maps.

I feel so empty and unmotivated right now. lol

I had a run around - Still D2 - some big enhanced graphics and new stuff and seems like inferno So much detaiL ! . So many antennas. but the readability everywhere is not as big improvement at first glance as I thought it might have been. This may be different when playing comp .  When you are T and you go through CT Doors you cant read shadows of anyone playing B ramp which is a game changer.  Where is the pizza and Where is Sub Zero ??   :P

They nailed it with this remake, absolutely stunning artistically and design-wise. New Inferno is great from gameplay design perspective, but it lacks in visuals and artistic quality in my opinion. New Dust 2 raises the bar on both fronts while keeping frame rate decent.

Potential gameplay problems / What I think still needs to be changed: 

- Terrorists being able to spot/shoot CTs passing to B (changing the Mid doors position to obscure vision from T spawn seems like a decent solution here)

- Mid-to-B terrorist smoke could be too powerful because CTs have limited vision above the smoke compared to previous version, could be problematic on high-level/pro matches

- Limited grenade throws from T side when attacking Long compared to previous version (it was hard to attack that position even without this limitation)

15 hours ago, Radix said:

The visuals are really amazing, imo it's (by far) the best looking CS:GO map atm.

But on the other hand it might be frustrating for ambitious community creators, because Valve have raised the bar so high that only a few will come even close to this level when creating custom maps.

Exactly how I feel about this :D

34 minutes ago, Pivac said:

- Terrorists being able to spot/shoot CTs passing to B (changing the Mid doors position to obscure vision from T spawn seems like a decent solution here)

wRnGZng.gif

That's like, one of the most iconic parts of dust 2? The mid doors allow T's to try and ascertain how many CT's are going B and it allows CT to cover suicide so that T's can't rush mid. It's a near perfect bit of map balancing.

7 minutes ago, text_fish said:

That's like, one of the most iconic parts of dust 2? The mid doors allow T's to try and ascertain how many CT's are going B and it allows CT to cover suicide so that T's can't rush mid. It's a near perfect bit of map balancing.

What you say is true, so I guess it's a matter of opinion. Currently CTs have to waste a smoke (or do it with HE grenade trick) only to not get tagged by a sniper as they pass by and obscure how many players they move to a vital location. I've seen many pro players and analysts complain about this and I agree with them. Ideally suicide and the rest of upper mid would still be visible from CT mid, it's just a matter of placing props and brushes correctly.

1 hour ago, Pivac said:

I've seen many pro players and analysts complain about this and I agree with them.

Yeah, maybe this should be tweaked a little but it's still an essential idea of the map.

In my opinion dust2 was never meant to be a map for pro players. It's the map to catch new players and keep them playing.

This Eleague major is already setting the bar.. for most disorganized major tournament. Massive cheating problems, terrible seeding, tons of delays, etc.

Valve, CEVO and Eleague are really disappointing everybody atm...

12 minutes ago, RivFader said:

This Eleague major is already setting the bar.. for most disorganized major tournament. Massive cheating problems, terrible seeding, tons of delays, etc.

Valve, CEVO and Eleague are really disappointing everybody atm...

Why have they moved to them anyway? ESL One Cologne/MY or dreamhack Cluj Napoka (something like that) were plenty fine. It seems that they wanted to make all American majors to please don't know who and made it suck so hard in the process..