Jump to content
e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Recommended Posts

On 8/31/2017 at 7:01 AM, blackdog said:

Nice trick! Although I'm pretty sure it's to be considered a glitch that Valve should fix

A glitch? I call it smart thinking. I tried it today and it still works which means it will never be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cubepatrix said:

A glitch? I call it smart thinking. I tried it today and it still works which means it will never be fixed.

Like... have they fixed the stealthy jump crouch that was abused in the major? It's a glitch because a grenade shouldn't bounce that way.

Fixing stuff takes time, the team have priorities already set, if is not totally game breaking just goes in the queue... that is if they even know about this.

Use it until they fix it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Like... have they fixed the stealthy jump crouch that was abused in the major? It's a glitch because a grenade shouldn't bounce that way.

Fixing stuff takes time, the team have priorities already set, if is not totally game breaking just goes in the queue... that is if they even know about this.

Use it until they fix it. 

In theory you could be able to adjust the force of the nade throw to be able to do it, so it's not that game breaking.Plus that's an old trick which is hard to do in every situation which is why pros don't use it often I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, laminutederire said:

In theory you could be able to adjust the force of the nade throw to be able to do it, so it's not that game breaking.Plus that's an old trick which is hard to do in every situation which is why pros don't use it often I think

If you are talking realism, then you should be able to adjust throw strength in any situation, but the game doesn't support something like that, in fact this works when you walk backwards, clear indication of a physics glitch.

We are talking of something completely counter intuitive, not something like this

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote


Operation Hydra Extended

Operation Hydra will be extended until November 13th, and operation passes are now 50% off! This will give new players who joined us recently a chance to spend some time playing operation maps and events.


Stick Around


After Operation Hydra ends, some of its most popular features will live on.
First, the most-played operation game modes during the final month of the operation will be added to CS:GO. Second, the most played operation maps of the final month in Competitive Matchmaking and Casual (currently Agency and Austria, respectively) will replace the least played maps in those modes.
Which maps and modes will end up in CS:GO? It’s up to you, so jump into a match and add some playtime to your favorites!

http://blog.counter-strike.net/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, I was about to post the same.

On the one hand I am glad we will get new maps, but on the other hand.. why replace? There is plenty of room for another map rotation based on the most popular Operation maps! Also, I quite enjoy playing Italy, Office and Militia and would be quite sad to see them go :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Squad said:

Does anyone have access to the playtime tracking stats? Would like to have a look at it, even it's just a screenshot.

Found this on the web: http://csgo-mapstats.ga/

But I have no idea if this uses the correct data. Results seem a bit odd imo...

 

Edit: (thanks @OrnateBaboon)

 

Edited by Radix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean that some of the official maps will be removed from the game forever? From a development standpoint, I suppose this would help Valve, since they won't need to maintain and update a lot of the maps that receive such little playtime.

Anyone have the playtime's of the official maps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OrnateBaboon said:

Does this mean that some of the official maps will be removed from the game forever? From a development standpoint, I suppose this would help Valve, since they won't need to maintain and update a lot of the maps that receive such little playtime.

Anyone have the playtime's of the official maps?

Interesting question...

So if they remove the old maps, the map pool would consist of Mapcore maps only in a few years? (and dust2) :D

:hurg:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes you think they'll remove maps in the first place?

Yes maintaining maps that are not in official rotation is a pain, but seems like a lot of people general thought is that CSGO should have a "seasonal" rotation of competitive maps. The system seems to work how they did with "remastering" maps until now.

I would more object that you should add a new map from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×