e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

3,136 posts in this topic

Discover there's a tournament only because some dick tries to play some random YT video on my smart TV, play fails and on the main page I spot a CSGO Live stream.

#ESLPRO

Is this the tournament was mentioned recently or the Major was another event just before?

Edited by blackdog

Thought that the league would lead to the major (as finals) or something.

embarrassing :D

~

7 hours ago, blackdog said:

Thought that the league would lead to the major (as finals) or something.

embarrassing :D

~

If I am not mistaken they are related to the potential major. As in ESL uses the league to fill half the spot of their esl one events based partly on the esl league results,  accounting for the ones who are qualified because they were in final phases the last event.

They do their Lan that way, and then valve chooses if they sponsor it to make it a major or not. That's why esl intel extreme masters aren't majors but usually esl one cologne or esl one new York are.

At least that is what I understood.

Edit: it's the same for dream hack events. The one in Romania is a major while the little ones aren't. (For instance there is one in France which isn't a major).

Edited by laminutederire
blackdog likes this

I've been using the UMP for as long as I can remember before it became mainstream meta due to it's accuracy and 1shot headshot at certain ranges, it's like a pocket close quarters AK

Pivac and Vaya like this

2 hours ago, RivFader said:

You tease :D

Ehrrr wut? Sequel incoming?

8 hours ago, blackdog said:

Ehrrr wut? Sequel incoming?

No idea, but I personally hope Santorini gets added to the vanilla game. Valve finally split up the Reserve Duty into CS and DE maps, so it would be logical to fill them up with the most beloved community creations.

For me that would be Siege and Agency for CS (though I get the feeling a LOT of people would enjoy the addition of Cruise or Workout as well) and Santorini, Season for DE. Other DE candidates - though less likely - for me would Lite, Fire and Ali and maybe Mill, but let's be serious here for a second.

Edited by RivFader
blackdog likes this

First impression I got was that this isn't polished valve quality and it's sort of unfinished visually, but I imagine they will be updating this a lot like they did with overpass.

SirK, RivFader, Lizard and 1 other like this

Holy shit, a CSGO map set in Italy? Wow.

Jetsetlemming likes this

Canals feels weirdly flat and lifeless, particularly around CT.  the lighting is kinda gross (the skybox seems mad blown out), as well as the general color scheme (think if this looked like Sapienza in Hitman, that'd be super rad).  Feels like a step back from Inferno.  Lots of repeated textures, like at A site, the tower just looks bad.  It's like they forgot to make a displacements and decals entirely.  Some sightlines feel way too long.  It feels really unfinished.

SirK likes this

This has the worst bombsite design ive ever seen come from of an official map...

B site is a chokepoint hallway bombsite.

A site reminds me of bf2s strike at karkand's 1st CP which was a hilarious nade basket

Vaya, Furiosa, RivFader and 2 others like this

Huh, interesting. Looking forward to checking this out when I get off work. I guess the screenshots looks somewhat inviting? But I was never a fan of bombsites with tight sightlines where there's just no easy way to fall back after securing a kill or two as CT. B looks like a nightmare in that regard.

Cant wait to run around the Map as soon as I get home. Judging from what Ive seen: Too many single doors and narrow paths, repeating walls on the buildings and bad Bombsites :/