e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I'm ok with them removing nuke. I can remember who said it but I agree the map would be quite a lot better if both spawn spots were brought 200-300 units forward- Still balanced but quicker to get into the action

Someone on reddit raised a good point. CBBL and overpass only started getting good after the majors and the pros started giving more feedback about them. 

7 is not a lot of maps imo. If that's the case for pros then why not a monthly AD list rotation? I am skeptical that teams use MM. So why not...

it was exactly the same thing with cbblestone and overpass, even if nobody wanted them they forced it.

I could be totally wrong, but I don't think Valve has been pushing cbblestone and overpass just "because it's their own". Bringing something new to the CS community will (almost) always be considered not good, "because they don't want it", because, well ... it's the CS community :P

So in a way I guess it's needed to force things sometimes, even if they don't turn out good after all. That being said, I think we can all agree overpass turned (or maybe still is turning) out pretty good, even if it needed quite some adjustments overtime. Cbblestone isn't quite there yet, but it's improving slowly (but surely?).

You're probably right about the odd numbers for vetos. So it would take another map for nuke to get back in ... season anyone?  :-D

I don't really like this idea of CS community being closed-minded, most of the time it is just misunderstood.

During the beta of the game and with all the modifications that has been done since that time, i can give you hundreds of examples of modifications that people have been skeptical about but accepted to give it a try. I am part of that "CS community", i'm not playing CS since CS:GO but many years and during that Beta period i have followed all the changes made to the game (i'm a redactor at the french csgo website vakarm.net, I translated tons of changelogs and explained the impact of technical modifications to the players). Therefore, I am proud to be part of this because I think the community made a great job to make the game a good as it is today.

People were not complaining about the addition of new maps into the list, but from a decision to add maps that were bad at that time : both Cbblestone and Overpass had huge issues with competitiveness at that time. And at that time, there were already de_train and de_season, or even de_tuscan/toscan that were promising for the same spots.

At the end I think it has been a good move from Valve for Overpass that has undergone heavy changes but it was for the best apparently. I guess most people appreciate it during the majors now.

I would not say the same for Cbblestone, even if the recent changes has been great, it's not enough. And more than 8 months of test/changes for something that isn't good enough is too much (I think).

I am like you, i would like to see new maps but I would have prefered some changes on Nuke to help the Ts, and that Cobblestone would be removed instead.

[...]

[...]

What's up with the sudden Nuke love though?  like a week ago everyone absolutely hated it.

There is nothing sudden here, I have always loved Nuke even if i agree with the fact that some help should be given to Terrorists.

I'm not sure why Reddit reacted that way considering that it will be a lot easier to fix Train up than it was to improve Cobblestone and Overpass, and Valve did fine with those projects in the end. People have short memories I guess.

Brute has posted the rc1 version of tuscan on the workshop.  :)

I didn't know he removed it? It's a little late for the next operation isn't it? I suppose valve could have contacted him and asked for it...

Brute has posted the rc1 version of tuscan on the workshop.  :)

I didn't know he removed it? It's a little late for the next operation isn't it? I suppose valve could have contacted him and asked for it...

it's been beta up until now. I can see valve taking it easy on the deadlines if they think the community wants it.

I still (myself) don't find the new Tuscan viable for next operation.

In general, I'm not a skeptic but the map feels very untidy. A lot of clipping is weird and bad, most of the times you stand a meter away from the area you want to touch. Some props are floating, I've also found the custom textures to be quite disappointing (could use some more detail).

I think it's just because it took Brute so long, I've also got to add the factor that it's not about the amount of props.

Detail in CS:GO has never been the amount of trash props you spam in your map, I think it's the general feeling and simplicity is what people like.

The buildings could me more round, instead of "edgy".

Maybe adding some reflections to the current custom textures would help.

He could also replace the ugly grass texture he uses and add some ground variation.

I could tell a lot more things, but I hope he reworks the map again. For real this time.

I don't hate the new Tuscan, I'm just not a fan of it (design wise).

I also don't think it was smart by Brute to go so hard on Toscan and its creators.