Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://pvplive.net/c/csgos-next-operation-and-source-2-engine-release-date

Saw this article pop up on reddit, it seems to make a couple of assumptions but it's interesting nonetheless.

So, presumably we would get a new version of hammer with this summer update? The version of hammer in destinations tools has some pretty neat features, and overall seems like a pretty big leap in productivity. 

Some interesting source 2 hammer videos I found:

Spoiler

Edited by nikkoship

I think there is a translation error in relation to that chinese text. It may aswell be panorama mode from source 2 and not developing csgo for source2. It may be just the hud element, don't get too excited yet even though it is said that source2 is propably arriving in long term for every valve game.

I realise that this super low Negev price is just temporary, so that doesn't worry me much. What I don't like is the weapon design decisions Valve are making - a lot of weapons in CS:GO are lowering the skill ceiling, while they should be doing exactly otherwise. 

Players should be inspired to use AK-47s and M4s to practice precise aim and short bursts or tapping. But why would they try to master those skills when they can just run around with P-90, Tec-9 and spam laser beam Negevs. 

Same goes for new map Canals promoting the use of these low-skill weapons and slow but steady degradation of Counter-Strike's fundamental economy system (most important on semi-pro/pro level).

Bad design decisions on Valve's part.

They already explained in the Community Day that CSGO is getting the panorama and generally HUD stuff from source 2. Maybe some other inner part but is not being ported.

I was thinking the same thing @Pivac when I heard from 3dksphilip's video that the Negev has this pattern of steadying the fire the longer you shoot.

But this is not now, from what I've seen this spam firing COD style has been happening for a long while. Already when I was stopping playing CSS there was this trend (because of fucked up hitboxes) and they just continued to make it spamming more convenient… at least this is what I could see, and what a lot of players were telling me. When I was last playing CSGO I had several embarrassing misses while using traditional controlled single/short burst fire. Shots I was perfectly confident would hs but didn't.

Ive played titanfall 2 a lot recently - there is a gun which is basically the same like the new negev - people abused the hell out of it, until it got nerfed :D

I dont know whats wrong with the Devs atm. I think the revolver could be a nice adition, but the negev was hardly used right from the start - i mean why did they add it in the first place? nobody used the heavy guns in comptitve anyways.

Anyone know whats going on with my map? There's a lot of weird chicken sound, even tho i didn't add any chicken sound to the map, as you can see theres no chicken at all.

This is happened after i upload to the workshop.

EDIT: No way, this is just not in my head : D Well, i think i know how to fix it.

Edited by Furiosa