Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

I'm not sure if proper filtering by gamemode is currently possible. You'll know yourself that the mapper assigns this when uploading @Jack_is_my_name

Would need more work (potentially lot more if workshop has to scan the BSP for certain entities.)

I can see the problem yes, however CSGO has such an impressive mapping community that I feel Valve should make more of an effort to facilitate it, god knows a large section of the community is bored of dust2, and I feel that making more (de_ cs_) maps more easily available would encourage more competitively viable maps, it also doesn't help that, at the moment, the reward for making really fantastic maps isn't great, of course the monetary incentive is there, but it pales in comparison to the amounts skin makers get, if mappers could be rewarded with having their map played by a section of the community, and then perhaps being voted on, this could be a further incentive to create maps, and if a map gets enough votes, why not put it in an operation or even into the map pool such as cache.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cs go voting system is so bad new maps don't have a chance. Look at casual operation wildfire servers, it's cruise all over the place and it doesn't change much. Basically like dust2 on normal servers. To promote new life they would have to have a voting system which forces map rotation.

Simplest thing like not the same map two times in a row, or their random choice not random at all, and it would promote the less played maps :)

Cs go voting system is so bad new maps don't have a chance. Look at casual operation wildfire servers, it's cruise all over the place and it doesn't change much. Basically like dust2 on normal servers. To promote new life they would have to have a voting system which forces map rotation.

Simplest thing like not the same map two times in a row, or their random choice not random at all, and it would promote the less played maps :)

Yes! I've been frustrated over this in the past and this would be a good solution to get players to play other maps but D2. At the same time, you're still forcing a majority of players that might have picked D2 a second time to play a map that they don't want, forcing them to quit and look for a D2-server instead. This suggestion is the ideal solution for us, but sadly not for the majority or players :/

Yes! I've been frustrated over this in the past and this would be a good solution to get players to play other maps but D2. At the same time, you're still forcing a majority of players that might have picked D2 a second time to play a map that they don't want, forcing them to quit and look for a D2-server instead. This suggestion is the ideal solution for us, but sadly not for the majority or players :/

well i see what you mean. But in the meantime, imagine a child playing with little cars. Take one from him to give him the choice, he won't like it, but once he plays with the other he like playing with it anyway :)

that way we do them a favor 

look at how they are stuck on cruise, they wouldn't have if they didn't have the chance to try

Then it will be Dust 2 --> Mirage --> Dust 2 --> Mirage --> Dust 2 --> Mirage --> Inferno (which will be changed to Dust 2 after the first round on it), etc.

If anything, after a map got selected there should be at least a 2 map wait before it can be selected again, maybe even 3. Then it would be D2 --> Mirage --> Inferno (--> Cache) --> D2 at least (I have long given up on ever seeing Train or Overpass in Casual). Additionally, Valve should priorize filling empty servers that aren't Dust 2 with people and it would work out. And if the Dust 2 crowd wants to play Dust 2 only 24/7, they can use the server browser and get one of the hundred servers that exist solely for this purpose. Wouldn't be too bad if more people discover that this browser exists anyway.

Thankfully, we now have at least a dev team mail adress where we can send these concerns to.

Edited by RivFader

Well, mappers would benefit from a more organic set of props, cos the two maps revamped they are basically the same borderline flat shaded industrial theme.

For map rotations with voting, I'm in the same page. Been wanting something like that since the plugins for dod/cs… as soon as finally a new map was selected, server would empty -_-

Maybe they should implement a feature where everyone creates their own mapcycle, and that is matched toward other players.

Edited by blackdog