Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the rich get richer :P

While it's fine to talk about these things I've found it pretty frustrating reading peoples posts on reddit/steam/wherever saying this was a TERRIBLE operation because they didn't make a lot of money off of it..

When did it stop being about fun and start being a source of income? I preferred the drop/mission system for bloodhound to vanguard because my inventory didn't fill up with .01p cases.

However there was a lot of tedious missions...Maybe it needs a move back to the comp wins + hours for the gold badge? It seemed as though players didn't bother learning the maps properly this time- they played the mission for the map and then that was that. The old wins structure (not dependent on map) rewarded players for spending the time to learn the maps.

I pretty much played until I got gold. As we were locked into the profile rank ups for our drops, albeit once a week, I didn't pursue more missions. I suppose the missions helped you rank your profile faster, and for some people that was enough.

But I guess it's in Valve's interest to not flood the market with items like previous operations, as if it devalues a lot of the items, that means less money for us, and by extension them.

Personally, the missions like "Fowl Play" where you had to kill 300 chickens and would get bonus XP based on "chicken killing sprees" are how more missions should have been, and less 32 rounds on a map you may struggle with, which best case scenario you finish in 2 competitive games, but this could drawn out over 4-5 games which is a punishing grind.

But have you made these missions jackophant ?

BwFdF6s.jpg

Ixbn2O0.jpg

They were ridiculously difficult and annoying to achieve. I spend more time on those 6 missions than on all the others, and they were not even interesting or needed to get the gold medal ! I thought i'd have won something for it but no, it's a complete waste of time since they are not even fun (i would have prefered to play on the operation maps for fun and not for the missions). So ... Congratz to Exodus for doing them all !

I think the guys who write these missions could do better than just "spend 1 000 000$", with dialogues that don't make much sense. At the beginning i thought there was some kind of story and i was really into it, i absolutely wanted to kill that god damn traitor ! :D But in the end, i just had to "assassinate" a random dude on a casual server, which was pure luck since you were not able to see who was the target in real-time.

That's the disapointing part for me, only because it could have been much more than that. The new gamemode was a good idea, a bit weird because bots' AI is inconsistent, but it was nice. It wouldn't be that hard to add daynamic obstacles on the official maps and draw a path so that you can make a singleplayer experience with a big boss in the end. Maybe a bit classic but i'm sure people would love to play on that.

But have you made these missions jackophant ?

Personally, the missions like "Fowl Play" where you had to kill 300 chickens and would get bonus XP based on "chicken killing sprees" are how more missions should have been, and less 32 rounds on a map you may struggle with, which best case scenario you finish in 2 competitive games, but this could drawn out over 4-5 games which is a punishing grind.

300 chickens is a bit much, but my point is that the missions should be fun. Earning $1M for a set team (or at all) is not fun, especially on casual. These missions were set off from the main route to gaining stars for a reason I guess!

I suppose it's all an experiment, but the missions should be fun enough to want to do, regardless of what the award is. I personally really liked the guardian missions, despite the pants-on-head retarded bots running around the world before trying to enter the site.

TLDR: There is a balance to be made, and it might be nice to get something at full completion.

Edited by jackophant

I suppose it's all an experiment, but the missions should be fun enough to want to do, regardless of what the award is. I personally really liked the guardian missions, despite the pants-on-head retarded bots running around the world before trying to enter the site.

I agree. I wanted to do the missions in other operations, i played more csgo when breakout was on just to get the mission drops. Bloodhound's guardian missions were good, but every casual one was bad. Please volvo add unranked competitive just for missions, or have the missions in other gamemodes. IMO it would be fun if there would be jump missions.