Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

Not sure, cause so many people I know have suddenly ranked up. I'm not LEM-level yet. Anyway, I'll just keep playing and I'll try to maintain Legendary Eagle. :)

DMG has the highest group of people in varying skill. There are low end DMG's who are gloried gold novas, then there are the high ranking DMGS who can play on par with SMFC. DMG has this huge variance in skill level and it just so happens to be the place people get stuck at in a rank the most. When I got out of DMG, I climbed to LEM in 2 days, while before I was DMG for months.

This is the truth. The ranking system suucks. DMG should be 5 ranks or something. It is incredible how bad some players are that got to DMG because they played with a team, and then we have those sick players that got there because they can't carry their nova friends and everyone just becomes DMG. Now I can get out of it easily but I have to soloQ, was stuck for a year tho. 

I somehow managed to get to LEM on my own after about a month or so of playing last summer; however, since then the hackers and kids who don't necessarily play the game made me derank to the nova era. needless to say I cannot get out of the gold nova rank at all! I think I'll stick with the third party sites such as faceit, cevo and esea.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TL;DR: Pistols are too powerful, make them weaker so more skill is required.

I'm trying to think of a way to balance them, possibly with a points based system, but I keep stumbling across more and more variables with which to consider and it's becoming a lot more convoluted... I thought I could work it out quickly here, but I think I need to come back with something... probably a spreadsheet with lots of graphs...

I think his understanding of what people probably mean when they say "viable" is off, for example if I use viable it would purely mean that there is some circumstance where each gun is useful and worth having. I don't think counter strike will ever hit that, the gunplay isn't built that way.

• 1 month later...