Sign in to follow this  
Sentura

terror hits norway in 2 places

Worst case of Google Translate ever...."the gunman was arrested late friday and charged with the killing of vermin"... brilliant...

Glad to know your wife and unborn baby are ok Skjalg.

Skjalg and Pericoloso: Glad to hear your girlfriends are ok (and the baby!!).

What a massive catastrophe :( Who the hell would do something like that and why? Makes me so angry.

Thanks^^

The massacre on Utøya is so terrible, when I went to bed last night the death toll was approximated to 10, and now its nearing 90..

yes... what the fuck happened on that island?

and man... can't imagine the hell of worry you went through Skjalg :/

Luckily for me, all my norwegian relatives live in bergen, except one who lives in oslo but not anywhere near the bombing site...

Having seen the place, I can tell you Norway is a very beautiful, peaceful country with really kind people. Awful to see things like this happen to it. Skjalg, shocked to know that your girlfriend was in the area. Good to know you're all OK! You too Peri!

My God.. I was just having a discussion the other day about how little ever happens on the news concerning countries like Norway and then this happens.... it's crazy. So Glad your girlfriends are ok Peris and Skjalg (congratulations on the baby btw!).

What on Earth could this be motivated by? Is there some sort of election due soon or something?

What on Earth could this be motivated by? Is there some sort of election due soon or something?

From what i gathered the guy is just a madmen with political views all over the place and incoherent as fuck. A christian conservative on one side, a social liberal on the other side. He hates nazis, marxists and islam, is pro gay, pro israel etc.

I really don't understand terrorists such like that guys... That's bad, really bad :/

Damn it, I'm glad your families are ok guys, really fucked up shit.

The death toll at the camp is astonishing... we had a gunman shot some schoolkids here in Brazil a couple months ago in Rio. What the fuck goes on these peoples heads?

with the rise of terrorism during the 90s and 00s, SOME people are starting to think they can show and justify their beliefs by committing atrocities. it's become a way for those extreme kinds of people to show off their opinions. or, alternatively, it's about how some people cannot take the pressure of everyday life anymore, and decide to go out with a bang, with the mentality of "that way history will remember me", as i reckon the case is with most school shootings.

Having seen the place, I can tell you Norway is a very beautiful, peaceful country with really kind people.

except this guy.

wasn't he a member of the nazi party? and aren't those kinds of people still very common in norway? (i mean white supremacists, not crazy gunmen)

being an english-speaker it is very hard to discern any useful information, as google translate does a shitty job, and english language newspapers like the Daily Mail are to be trusted about as much as Murdoch.

anyone care to keep us informed?

I wouldnt really say white supremacists are common in norway, and we dont have a neo-nazi party. (it was disbanded some years back, and the neo-nazis started a religious cult instead which focuses on the norse mythology) This guy was a radical right wing dude who hated islam and wants norway for norwegians, and most of all he hates democracy.

His whole agenda was to make what he believed in known to the masses. Hes uploaded videos and 1500 page book as well as a diary to the internet the day he went out and committed these things. Also the bomb targeted the government, but it was also meant as a distraction so that he could kill as many young soon-to-be labour-party politicians as possible on that island.

It's completely messed up, but I like the statements of some of the survivors from the island massacre, that actions by cowards like this shouldn't dictate how our society will be in the future. Seemingly someone from my fathers side of the family got killed in the explosion, I haven't heard from all my friends in Oslo yet, but it's a relatively small city, so I'm sure this affects many people throughout Norway :(