Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it. It's not mine per-se since its just an evolution of everyone else's work :cool:

I'll try to make a couple modifications so some of the points outlined above are met.

The typeface in particular is just a placeholder, I haven't really found the typeface that matches the angles on the logo, but that's just a matter of time.

Thanks again guys, I'm really glad ya'll dig it ;)

pr62T.jpg

i am still not 100% on the shield look, even when adding some definition to the inside it is still very shield-y.

i think a little perspective would give it something, but then again, maybe it's a positive thing to have it possibly misinterperable?

That was my thinking Rick, sometimes a little ambiguity can be nice in a logo. Often logos aren't 100% clear when you look at them initially — it's only after a little thought you realise what they mean and go "Oh :-D". I do like the fact it's not blatantly a cube and is a bit more like an insignia, but I'm not necessarily settled on it.

With that said, making it so ambiguous people just assume it's a shield isn't good. I think experimenting with the angle or trying some kind of shading on the inner faces would be a great thing to try.

Looks great but I agree with Rick and Thrik, angling it slightly off or changing the shading around the core would definitely make it easier to read. I think 90% of people will see a shield with the current design.

Also the lack of tilde is completely unacceptable!

Now if you could break the illusion that it's shield at first glance, by adding something that implies depth, then we're good.