Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

Creative freedom is allowed for superior aesthetics — not every extreme in the palette is represented in the current logo, nor need it be in any successor. :derp:

That idea above where you've got a cube with a planetary core in it is excellent. Too many excellent ideas you fuckers!! :oops:

I feel like the idea is already there, just needs some proper work so it is compatible with printed media, dark and light backgrounds etc...

Let me know what you guys think.

core2.jpg

The gradient colors are spheres of 255/128/128 on a 128/128/128 background. I think it looks good and stands out quite well from other game related communities out there in a good way. I don't think they look feminine if you set them against a darker grey.

We have a winner :)

It looks fabulous on a dark background, a tad bit less on white, don't know why though.

We can still relate to the box but it's still nice and fresh and more modern :) Really like it!

I'd like to see the text brought up to the right side of the cube... maybe even match the slant of the cube on the leading edge of the M to bring them together?

I like this direction, though. Gogo community effort \m/

Looks nice! almost... Fresh. I wish there were lines connected to the core. indicating the inside square outline.

:ninja: But that might be too much noise me thinks.

I can agree with that, but it'd have to be subtle. Maybe create the lines using negative space by adding a very slight shading to the inner faces?

An incredible submission out of nowhere from arhurt! I agree that I'd like to see it a little more clear it's a cube with a core rather than a shield (drawing or implying inner faces seems like the best way as I like the fact the logo is symmetrical), and aligning the text vertically with the cube I also think would look better. But sweet! Looks great on other colours too which is something particularly important. :)