Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

I for one welcome our Wiggle overlords.

The gizmo idea is the best (serious) one yet. I really dig it with the RGB colours, but ideally I figure it should function well in black/white and that might be a problem with the current design.

what about we have a bunch of logos that follow the current design, but mimic the studio logos of companies mapcorians work at - and it randomly chooses them as you browse and reload pages etc

Whereas it's a good idea, a logo identifies something as unique, if we have many logos we don't have a "face". Our current logo is awesome, something a long the lines of it would be awesome, I'd say we shouldnt try to reeinvent the wheel.

polycount logo is a great for instance, and it's uber simple

yeah its just like no one would recognize the google brand if they switched up their logo on google.com every week or so. stupid rick!

Anyways, I really loved the gizmo idea. So so far we have some peeps who want the old logo, some peeps who likes the tilde~ and some peeps who likes the gizmo idea.

I wonder what will be next.. ?

mapcore_logo_with_squirty_lines.png

Mackin, I love your idea _b

My Photochop-fu is weak but can I suggest a change/iteration along these lines or is it killing what you were already subtly suggesting :-D

XiKgHwp

i was thinking something similar to this, only use graphics from unrealed or source to create a wireframe cube (making it in 2d but letting the perspective look like 3d)

yeah its just like no one would recognize the google brand if they switched up their logo on google.com every week or so. stupid rick!

i think HP has a very valid point here since mapcore and google aren't exactly comparable in terms of notoriety. there is also the danger to start thinking too complex and ending up with shit like copying excisting logo's.