Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

deffinitly cool, but without some help of a moderator this thread will be an awesome thread of far fetched ideas that will not work. i say we have a vote and whatever logo will be chosen, should be optimized. just my 2 cents. :B

Hello dudes, I'm working on my idea too. In fact, i'm trying to figure a good idea, cause there is already some neat alternatives around! Just loved the idea about the cube with a core inside.... Very clever and the concept just fits! :B

Lets keep it up!

Also, I don't think we should have a deadline... just keep it coming! :D

I'm inclined to agree with this. I didn't think we'd end up with such a flurry of awesome ideas and assumed two or three weeks would be more than sufficient, but I clearly underestimated the power of the Core. :cool: So if we're still getting ideas on the deadline I'll just let the deadline slide and wait until we've more or less died down.

deffinitly cool, but without some help of a moderator this thread will be an awesome thread of far fetched ideas that will not work. i say we have a vote and whatever logo will be chosen, should be optimized. just my 2 cents. :B

I probably wasn't clear enough regarding this but to clarify: there will be a final vote based upon whatever those who've designed logos say they want to enter (hopefully you're smart enough to not all enter every last iteration of each concept and just enter the final mock-up or two so I don't have to start discreetly deciding which ones to not include), and they don't have to be absolutely perfect because I'm happy to touch things up should they not fit print/pro requirements. I'd like to receive them in the designated dimensions after one is chosen as a winner but I can deal with this not being the case. ;)

Uhh hello.

Even though it seems that you guys have already decided on the direction you wanna take, I'll still post mah idea here since it's been troubling my mind for a week or two :) It's not the most polished logo I've made but I kinda like it.

So, a bit more abstract and simple design, ditching most parts and feel of the old logo - still leaving some influences on gradients and such.

To break it down a bit, it's a darn diamond-ish shape with a M in its core. Tadah!

Also, some hints to 3d stuff in the lines (creating verts 'n such) and the color scheme. Multiple color choices.

Ummm...and a badge too, because every aspiring game designer needs one (to wear while sitting long nights in front of a pc).

Comments are appreciated.

I actually like these. They're vastly different from existing entries and arguably more obscure in meaning, but the meaning is there and I do find them aesthetically pleasing — when I look at them I do think of 3D geometry and stuff. I do however think you've been too subtle with the 'M', and that the line weight on that should be considerably higher so it literally jumps out. At the moment it's quite possible to not even notice there's an 'M' there unless you're seeking it out.

whid0x.jpg

a level layout? :S

But it will probably need to be to big to fit on a logo size?

That is absolutely excellent and although I don't think it'd work as a logo (too fine in detail, won't stand up to downscaling) I'd love to use this as one of the t-shirt designs if you're willing to submit me a high-res version (see original post for dimensions). :derp: