ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

Thrik

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mapcore_logo.png

if we vote for a new logo, can we have the current one as an option please?

No, sorry. :sad:

If someone wants to remake the current one and enter it that's fine, but as the existing one's source files have been lost and it was never produced in such a way that's suitable for easy recolouring/removal of effects for use in print, etc it's not an option.

Personally I think these new entries make the old one look rather archaic but hey this a community vote for a reason. :cool:

the design isnt that great tbh,dunno why we have gone this route..

Nothing wrong with multiple entries Rick, though I must remind those who did the previous awesome stuff before Wilco to ensure a final version is produced for entry (as I think you've just been kind of editing each other's low-res mock-ups).

I think the last one you did was superb Jenn, could you do a version with the inner lines so people can see how it looks? Then you could choose which to enter based on feedback (or just enter both I guess). :)

OK, here's one with the inner lines back in. I've also included one with a softer shape which I think I prefer, let me know what you guys think. I've been trying to add the name without it looking too goofy/separate but haven't really hit on anything I like yet.

MapcoreLogo_Jenn0_6.jpg

I like that take on the old logo Mino, especially the bottom one on the right, I think the grey you start with in the name may be a bit too dark against the cube though.

Wilco's design is also looking really solid.

Lovely. :-D The slightly rounded edges (but not corners) are a great addition IMO.

I do think the core gradient would look better if the gradient came from the top rather than being in the middle. Here's a very rough example of what I mean:

[attachment=0]logo.jpg[/attachment]

To my eyes that looks more natural and pleasing. Just my feeling, anyway!

yeap, i can vote for this. i love the rounded edges!

i would suggest for t-shirt print there'd be options like rick posted a few pages back, because i'd love to get a shirt where you have a thick line going over the shoulder and hitting the cube logo

Lovely. :-D The slightly rounded edges (but not corners) are a great addition IMO.

I do think the core gradient would look better if the gradient came from the top rather than being in the middle. Here's a very rough example of what I mean:

[attachment=0]logo.jpg[/attachment]

To my eyes that looks more natural and pleasing. Just my feeling, anyway!

It's getting there but It's not there yet, gradient still doesnt work, and that grey on the edges ruin it.Lacks cohesion from our original logo. (Which goes from greenish, to blue and purple, top to bottom)

Uhh hello.

Even though it seems that you guys have already decided on the direction you wanna take, I'll still post mah idea here since it's been troubling my mind for a week or two :) It's not the most polished logo I've made but I kinda like it.

So, a bit more abstract and simple design, ditching most parts and feel of the old logo - still leaving some influences on gradients and such.

To break it down a bit, it's a darn diamond-ish shape with a M in its core. Tadah!

Also, some hints to 3d stuff in the lines (creating verts 'n such) and the color scheme. Multiple color choices.

Ummm...and a badge too, because every aspiring game designer needs one (to wear while sitting long nights in front of a pc).

Image spam:

8W05s.jpg

t1idw.jpg

Gif animation madness:

wgzON.gif

Nerdy badge mockup:

ZB9JT.jpg

Comments are appreciated.