Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

Not a fan of the orange, I have to say I love the version using the existing colours because it gives it a tangible link to the past while still being fresh, more meaningful, and more refined. I totally love it. :D

Perhaps the shaded faces idea could be applied to it though as that does work well — but make the shaded faces very, very light tones of grey. :)

lines work, they add focus going towards a center point. shading also works for colors. could even add different colors to the cube or make it like vans shoes, i.e. custom patterns and shit. for christmas it could be red/green/white, for summer it could be a beach etc.

just_saiyan_RE_The_Off_topic_topic_post_2_Return_of_Confusion-s360x328-164470-580.jpg

I've actually gone off the shaded inner faces idea now because it looks a bit too chunky and 3D for me, whereas the logo otherwise looks very crisp. Sometimes trying to be too detailed or realistic ruins a logo and in this case that's precisely what adding shading does IMO.

I think the best bet would be for Jenn to mock up a version with lines like the one Mazy did so we can see how it looks at an angle, except with slightly thicker lines as Mazy's wouldn't do so well at smaller sizes (perhaps half the thickness of the outer white lines).

That'd get it to pretty much perfection to my eyes. :D

Would of liked to have spent more time on coming up with some ideas, but doesn't look likely so thought id share my 10minutes anyway

core.png

Oh, and some more influenced by the previous posts

core2.png

Meh, maybe ill revisit if I get a chance before it ends

Would of liked to have spent more time on coming up with some ideas, but doesn't look likely so thought id share my 10minutes anyway

core.png

I like the top left one but here are my "imo" crits:

More strict font (not as much curves, looks goofy), more of the current color scheme, slightly less shiny cube.

Must admit, my biggest hate is font selection - so I just picked the first one I thought looked OK just to portray the concept :-)

core.png

Add the widget to the top left one and I think you have a winner. :)

Yeah I do like the top left one, makes a good contender to go up against the previous mighty effort. :D

I'm not sure whether or not I'm completely digging the blue, looks a bit too bright and saturated. A more geometric typeface would also be more appropriate too IMO.