ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

Thrik

I like it, but I also see the problem of the "shield silhouette". I believe this is caused because the shape could resemble that of a cube better. I squeezed the cube a little, but the sides of the shape still need to be more..."straight"! The sides need to be square don't you think? I hope you get what I mean :(

[attachment=0]corelogolines2.jpg[/attachment]

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the colours need tweaking, not just the normal map colours, but the mono ones as well. i like arhurts palette; also think we need to adjust that normal map colour to make it more .. betterer.

also that interior feels a bit odd - now that we have the angle, should we remove the inner lines?

cC6l9.jpg

i like the new design but it's too edgy (the cube part). The old logo had the nice turbosmoothed edges :(

Sharp edges look better and make more sense as they more closely resembles the basic 3D primitive the logo's meant to depict IMO. :D

Also the edges aren't meant to be as rounded as they are in the current logo — that was caused by a fuck-up on my part and I lost the original required to fix it properly. :cool: