that concept art piece looks really cool but it also looks 100% like half life 2 i see everything from combine helmet over city eating walls to strider.

one trick pony anyone ? i am probably just saying that because someone i know who met that guy told me that he is a "massive tool" ^^

of course no idea if thats true though

Arkane Studios and founder Raf Colantonio have made memorable games in the past (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic) that ultimately suffered from a lack of publisher support. Bethesda Softworks believes in their vision and is giving them all the time, money, and development help (regular meetings with guys like The Elder Scrolls' Todd Howard don't make your game worse) they need. Harvey Smith, one of the main minds behind the first two Deus Ex games and a legendary veteran of game development, shares the vision and is on board as Dishonored's co-creative director along with Colantonio. Viktor Antonov designed Half-Life 2's iconic City 17 and is lending his talents to Dishonored's world. This is a perfect storm for creating a game that shatters the mold that first-person action games have built for themselves in the mainstream.

Arkane Studios and founder Raf Colantonio have made forgettable flops in the past (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic) that ultimately suffered from a lack of proper management. Bethesda Softworks will publish any old shit if they don't have to pay too much and is giving them a year, 1 million dollars, and development help (regular meetings with guys like The Elder Scrolls' Todd Howard don't make your game worse, they simply ruin it before it even had a chance) they need. Harvey Smith, still reminds people he worked on the first two Deus Ex games because he has nothing else, and a legendary veteran of game development that nobody really knows about, shares the vision and is on board as Dishonored's co-creative director, a title that means nothing and confers no power, along with Colantonio. Viktor Antonov definately didn't design Half-Life 2's iconic City 17 alone but likes to pretend he did and is lending his talents to Dishonored's world. This is a perfect storm for creating a game that shatters the mold that first-person action games have built for themselves in the mainstream, and other assorted marketing cliches.

devil's advocate aside, it sounds like an interesting premise, and anything that isn't another mindless romp through video game worlds we've seen a hundred times before is worth keeping an open mind about.

i hope it has co-op, i can't be bothered to finsh most games if there's no co-op.

Dishonored is the antithesis of a edge-of-your-seat roller-coaster ride. It's a game about assassination where you don't have to kill anyone. It's a game about infiltration where you can set up traps and slaughter the entire garrison of an aristocrat's mansion rather than sneak in. It's a game about brutal violence where you can slip in and out of a fortified barracks with nobody ever knowing you were there. It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

I loled.

Thats the biggest steaming piece of marketing crap I've heard in a while.

Dishonored is the antithesis of a edge-of-your-seat roller-coaster ride. It's a game about assassination where you don't have to kill anyone. It's a game about infiltration where you can set up traps and slaughter the entire garrison of an aristocrat's mansion rather than sneak in. It's a game about brutal violence where you can slip in and out of a fortified barracks with nobody ever knowing you were there. It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

I loled.

Thats the biggest steaming piece of marketing crap I've heard in a while.

Why so? Coming down to stealth/infiltration games, you could play the Thief series without killing nor alerting anybody. Well I'm a bit skeptical about that last part on the world and all, but Arkane never disappointed me. And as far as I know two famous Thief custom-mission creators are working on this title and this is making me even more impatient for it, having seen and played their amazing works for Thief.

Also my face when this project is more or less what I was writing for over a year, the assassination dimension added. :cry:

I'm not criticizing the game, I know absolutely nothing about it other than some of the people involved, which is kind of my point.

That statement doesn't say anything about the game, its just a terrible fluff piece that tries to sound deep and mysterious by using contrary language.

I agree with the sentura-bot. Not knocking the game or anything, but that does sound like the same marketing bull for every stealth-ish game since the birth of the genre. I'll happily play it and enjoy it if they succeed! Just that statement sounds like generic stealth-game-marketing jargon.

Knowing a lot more about the way Dark Messiah was made than they'll ever want to elaborate on, particularly in a marketing PR release; I'll reserve my judgment until I actually see something come out of Arkane since DM. And I don't mean as an outsourcing studio trying to keep its bank happy.

Well the good thing is, if they hired some 16 year old who loves Axe and Gilette commercials to do their marketing then more money must be going to that actual game, right.......? Right?

Arkane Austin didn't even exist by the time DMoMM shipped.

Furyo: care to elaborate on what happened on the PR side of Dark Messiah Elements then ? ;)