alrighty then, just spent the better part of today playing this game. love it, have lots of small criticisms but they don't add up to anything other than personal critiques/opinions.

love the atmosphere, the story is nicely engaging, the variety of gameplay is fantastic - recommend this to anyone.

i've actually just finished the first assassination, taken me about 8 hours so far. that's kinda ridiculous when i think about it but i've been doing absolutely everything.

Amazing game, played for 7 hours. Really loving the art direction and the atmosphere. First game in a long time where I'm not frustrated when failing/dying, it's super fun to replay sections looking for alternate ways to complete them.

Agree with evert and rick, played the firrst mission for like 7 hours, super fun, great to sneak around, lots of different ways of doing them, lots of exploration,

I did manage to jump ontop of one of the guys outside the distillery just now thou =( so they are hostile to me, and I cannot hand in my quest

:(

must play more.

also it looks amazine

Got it with the GMG deal and just finished it. Steam says it took me ten hours with reasonable amount of exploration, going to have a more thorough replay when I get the chance. All in all it was super fun and most probably game of the year for me.

The amount of anticipation and intensity the gameplay offered was awesome, the situations escalate really quickly and bad things happen. I felt like Liam Neeson in Taken only with badass magical powers. Sneaking around trying to be as humane as possible, choking a guard to put him to sleep only to be seen by another guard and... 30 seconds later everyone in the vicinity is dead you are running with the non existent remains of your health there are guards chasing you and you end up in the way of a tall boy. The mechanics themselves were quite solid as well offering a good balance between action, stealth and a whole lot of options to tackle things.

Then there is the setting and mood it provides. All of the characters are flawed and somewhat fucked up one way or the other, the steampunk sci-fi city (Antonov delivers and so does the general art direction) is in ruins being engulfed by plague and the decisions you make quite often have a questionable ethical consequence one way or the other (do you really want to take Lady Boyle to the freaky guy in the boat?).

Sadly, for me the story didn't offer the same level of anticipation and intensity the gameplay offered. It did have it 's moments though and I was most of the time completely immersed in the world. Although the characters are multifaceted the delivery made them seem a little bit flat and I wasn't completely in sink with their motives either, making me feel somewhat disconnected from them. Especially when I was in a dialogue myself, when eavesdropping or just seeing the interactions of characters felt a lot more natural. That said I did want to make a grand entrance at times by lets say blinking in front of my target and see what he has to say just before I finish him with my sword up close and personal and I must admit it felt quite good.

From technical standpoint the texture resolution didn't bother me (due to the art style I guess) but the object is/isn't in shadow thing and low poly meshes did. Those things and particle effect quality and soe other things shows its console heritage.

The game has a fair share of minor problems but I didn't really care about them and took away the positive instead.

alrighty then, just spent the better part of today playing this game. love it, have lots of small criticisms but they don't add up to anything other than personal critiques/opinions.

love the atmosphere, the story is nicely engaging, the variety of gameplay is fantastic - recommend this to anyone.

i've actually just finished the first assassination, taken me about 8 hours so far. that's kinda ridiculous when i think about it but i've been doing absolutely everything.

i think i agree for the gameplay, but the story?

LOL CONSPIRAY BTW WERE THE BADGUYS KK CYA

Edited by FrieChamp
Added spoiler tags

interesting...this thread has totally swayed me to check out this game now. Refreshing that it is a SP game with no MP and getting such a good response from gamers and critics.

thanks for the spoiler, i saw it coming but you are a fucking cancer who hates fun in any form unless it came shitting out of the stench-ridden anus you call your mouth.

LOL SO RANDUMB HATE ON THINGS LOL GUYS CHECK ME OUT I'M BEING A read the rules AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME

Edited by FrieChamp
Added spoiler tags

also, aren't you working on a game that features nazis lol

also, aren't you working on a game that features nazis lol

more like wannabe nazis, but yeah. then again the game i'm working on is not taking itself serious, whereas dishonored is srs bsns when it comes to story. and a story like that with no sense of irony is just fucking hilarious.

let me give you some advice, here's what you should do in a situation like this:

cat-shirt-deal-with-it-19771.jpg

Ok "finished" it now. One of the prettiest games I've played and enjoyed the hell out of the entire game. Of course there's flaws etc, but whatever, so minor I'm not gonna bother. Will replay asap, getting all those runes and trying to go proper stealth etc.