Lots of buzz this morning, even though all they have to go off of is a Game Informer cover and this blurb:

Dishonored is the antithesis of a edge-of-your-seat roller-coaster ride. It's a game about assassination where you don't have to kill anyone. It's a game about infiltration where you can set up traps and slaughter the entire garrison of an aristocrat's mansion rather than sneak in. It's a game about brutal violence where you can slip in and out of a fortified barracks with nobody ever knowing you were there. It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

Gamasutra summary here.

It's Arkane Studios here in Austin, with Harvey Smith, of Deus Ex fame, and Viktor Antonov, the concept artist for Half-Life 2.

Sounds very interesting, like the kind of game I'd love to work on! Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for job postings...

Hmm, something a bit original?

Well we'll just gather a good team of devs, create a solid concept, promote the game's uniqueness...

"Today Bethesda announced the closure of Arkane Studios, citing poor sales of their latest game Dishonored..."

....aaaaand it's gone. :-D

Even if it's been a while since Harvey Smith truly delivered, then hearing his name always makes me feel funny downstairs. Plus HL2 Art Director, ossim! And that short blurb basically makes it sounds like a new Deus Ex/Thief, which is pretty much the best thing anything can sound like~~

So they moved Arkane Studios from France to Austin? And I guess The Crossing on Source has been cancelled?

The game sounds interesting though :)! Looking forward to seeing it in action.

The Crossing 'was put "on hold" in May 2009 after the company ran into "an unexpected financial challenge" and decided to focus on smaller projects.' At least, that's what Wiki says. That looked really awesome as well. I'm just excited that it's new IP! And in Austin, woo!

So they moved Arkane Studios from France to Austin? And I guess The Crossing on Source has been cancelled?

The game sounds interesting though :)! Looking forward to seeing it in action.

There is still an Arkane studio at Lyon in France.

Damn I'm so stoked for that one. I mean it has one of the Deus Ex masterminds and Viktor Antonov, and the game sounds promising as hell, being a fan of stealth games.

Thief 4 better be good if they're competing with this.