google+

VoodooBenshee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you really think a photo you took is good enough to be worth any substantial amount of money... why would you post it anywhere on the internet? I don't find that creepy or invasive or surprising in the least. It seems common sense to me.

If you really think a photo you took is good enough to be worth any substantial amount of money... why would you post it anywhere on the internet? I don't find that creepy or invasive or surprising in the least. It seems common sense to me.

Really? What if you post a link to your portfolio on google+, will it become a google property legally? That's what the contract says!

Guess I'm just cynical about the interwebs. I guess I just doubt that google is going to go through the effort to rip off some photographer for the pittance (relative to google) that they could possible make through their photography.

I think google is just covering their ass with this. If they do some advertising where they show someone's page or something, they can't get sued over it.

I've never seen any pro photographer post high res, non-watermarked images on the internet. If you don't want it stolen, just don't make it available - I don't think this is anything new.

That said, I think it is only a matter of time before google becomes evil. However, they've had the opportunity for years now to go that route and they haven't yet. I mean hell, they develop all these free products for the sole purpose of collecting user information. That is no secret. But so far they've just used that info to target advertising.

I dunno, i'm just talking out of my ass. Ignore me!

The reason why google puts such clauses in their eulas (and many other companies do so as well) is to protect themselves from being sued if the picture or media you submitted is displayed in another part of the website. the likeliness that google starts an art-print service where they sell "me on the beach with three tequillas and that crazy dog"-pictures is close to zero. i guess they wouldn't put that clause in the eula if it weren't for the rest of mankind sueing each other for the most random reasons...

Can't fault Google+ technically, although it is remarkably similar to Facebook is pretty much every single way.

Going to be a tall order convincing people to switch when they've already invested so many photos, posts, etc into Facebook — although an importer from Facebook's 'download your profile' feature may sweeten the deal.

Having been using Google+ in some depth and exploring all its features I just can't see a compelling reason to use it. The only real plus (lol) it has over Facebook is the fact it's quite easy to separate what content goes to what groups (friends, family, public like a blog), but that functionality is already in Facebook apart from the latter, and Facebook will inevitably make it easier to use now they've seen Google's example.

It can't be denied that Google+ looks the business, and although the interface is kind of boring on the eyes it's very well laid out and the usability is superb. Again though, these are relatively minor things for Facebook to address. And it's not like Google+ can take much credit here: for the most part Google+ is completely based upon the design ideas and layout concepts Facebook has spent years creating and fine-tuning. All it's done is add some polish and introduce novel ways of doing certain things.

It's almost like a small team took Facebook, redesigned it, and then put it out as a different product. This wouldn't be the first time Google's done this with Gmail being a rather obvious example. But unlike Gmail (massive storage), Google+ has no killer feature that makes it easy to describe to your average user in five words or less why it's worth using over Facebook. :|

Going to be a tall order convincing people to switch when they've already invested so many photos, posts, etc into Facebook

yeah, personally i think there's gonna be a rush to get in on it, but google+ is actually shit when you think about it. ok it works with all other google products, but it is facebook with a new skin. i can't even find a way to send a message to people i have connected with, so what's the point?

this is going to flop like google buzz and all that other shit they tried to do. the only thing i can see this bringing to the table is that you can see things that other people are posting who are in a circle of a circle. and i don't know but it seems like that's not going to be enough if they can't even match the functionality of facebook.