• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you missed some good times then im afraid. Most of us i think can recall more nostalgic moments with the 64 player servers, roaring planes, unexpected tanks barreling through and rogue jeeps full of people all around you at all times completely unscripted. BC2 had destructibility but not the scale of unpredictable moments that BF2 had. It never played the same twice! so many strategies!

so yeah bf is about multiplayer i think because its unpredictable :) however i do feel that a sp doesn't hurt. I trust dice, they haven't let me down yet.

Yeah, totally. For me Battlefield has always been the definitive multiplayer shooter experience. There's absolutely no comparison to the epic scale of the maps, the huge numbers of players, the excellent vehicles (makes CoD's vehicles feel like matchbox cars), emphasis on teamplay and classes, realism, etc. Some of my best gaming memories were crafted in Battlefield games, and I think the same goes for many others — hence the widespread love for Battlefield. I appreciate some have been indoctrinated a bit later and appreciate the single-player side of things, but I think it's fair to say the vast majority of people you see showing love for Battlefield are coming from the same history as me.

For me a single Battlefield experience online is more exciting than all the scripted shit you get in any single-player war shooter, because you get the same kind of epic stuff happening — except it's totally unscripted and unpredictable, and you're dealing with the best 'AI' there is. ;) This is why most BF fans aren't remotely interested in the single-player, because you get to enjoy all that crazy action online anyway in gigantic maps that're often literally 20+ times bigger than CoD's maps.

Can't bloody wait for the first proper PC sequel since Battlefield 2142 (and even that was only a refresh of 2005's BF2).

Can't bloody wait for the first proper PC sequel since Battlefield 2142 (and even that was only a refresh of 2005's BF2).

EA Origin for you then?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13934&start=1050#p294776

I can only assume BF3 PC will be digitally distributed through Origin...

Of course a retail copy would be another option...that would probably require activation through Origin (and to be fair it's going to be activated through something...)

I don't typically buy full games via Steam or any of its counterparts, so hopefully they'll be sensible enough to not make people dick around with Origin just to install and activate their games — they didn't with EA Downloader, which from what I can tell is exceedingly similar.

Out of interest, are any of you guys going to buy MW3? I'm not going to buy it and just support BF3. Each BF game offers a little something extra to multiplayer, whereas MW tends to just do the same thing from the previous games, with updated maps, so I'd rather just support the BF series now.

I don't know if I will buy it.. I want to play it but I'm not sure if I wish to spend £40 on a game I will only play for single-player and will probably last about 7 hours or less (and contradictory to what I said earlier, I wouldn't actually pirate it). Overrated or not, I've still had a lot of fun with the COD games (more so with COD1/2 though) I haven't played Black Ops yet.. it'd be nice if they chopped that down to £20... hey look, there's a pig flying in the sky...

$20 for a dvd

movie lasts 90 minutes

$60 for a game

game lasts 7 hours

i don't know what people want anymore

Spending 10 hours in a public park with a football... free. Reading a games magazine for 4 hours... £5.

You can't compare entertainment in such a limited way. Like it or not, most films pack more emotional response, tension, story development, and general quality into 2 hours than many games manage in 8-15 hours. :oops:

$20 for a dvd

movie lasts 90 minutes

$60 for a game

game lasts 7 hours

i don't know what people want anymore

Spending 10 hours in a public park with a football... free. Reading a games magazine for 4 hours... £5.

You can't compare entertainment in such a limited way. Like it or not, most films pack more emotional response, tension, story development, and general quality into 2 hours than many games manage in 8-15 hours. :oops:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nike-Premier-Le ... 029&sr=1-1

£12.99

also, are we comparing something like Portal 2 against Highlander II: The Quickening?

or Daikatana with Citizen Kane?