Hitman: Absolution

Mazy

The latest Edge says David Bateson (previous voice actor for 47) was no longer working on Hitman: Absolution. Lots of people have been sending him emails to confirm.

Hi James

The truth is: I have no idea what's going on. No one at IO Interactive are taking my calls, e-mails or answering my sms. I go to bed and wake up to hundreds of e-mails all asking me if I still to voice Agent 47.

Shit feeling inside, right now. Maybe I will know more on Monday

Kind regards

David

The latest Edge says David Bateson (previous voice actor for 47) was no longer working on Hitman: Absolution. Lots of people have been sending him emails to confirm.

Hi James

The truth is: I have no idea what's going on. No one at IO Interactive are taking my calls, e-mails or answering my sms. I go to bed and wake up to hundreds of e-mails all asking me if I still to voice Agent 47.

Shit feeling inside, right now. Maybe I will know more on Monday

Kind regards

David

Wow, what! He must do 47's voice! He must!

http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/7763 ... 5101d408b2

>"One of the problems with old Hitman was that unless you were an expert in the game, would you look like a real little killer," says Tore Blystad. "This time it's not hard to be a good assassin. Instead, it's hard to keep the situation under control, and hold yourself back from going berserk. We'd rather try to tempt the stealthy players to go into a more action-oriented direction.

>We'd rather try to tempt the stealthy players to go into a more action-oriented direction.

are IO going to shit out another kane and lynch, have they collapsed in on themselves and are now only listening to their own gaping asshole for ideas?

find out next week in: adventures of past glories fading

(trolling aside: what's the deal with this, are IO trying to market this game towards the splinter cell/cawadoody fanbase?)

That's pretty hilarious, considering the shitstorm regarding Kayne and Lynch's review on gamespot. :lol:

Joking aside, I remain completely unconvinced that this game is going to live up to the Hitman legacy. Hitman was in no way 'too difficult', the hand holding instinct stuff wouldn't look out of place in the new Deus Ex and the lack of original voice work is unsettling at best.

man the comments are hilarious

i have my hopes up for hitman, all the previous titles have been massively enjoyable; i don't think making it more accessable is a bad thing unless we get removed functionality and overly simplified gameplay.

is kydd not involved either?

To: ######

Subject: Hitman

Date: 19 june 2011 15:46:52 GMT+02:00

"Dear #### ,

Thank you! I am so pleased that you wrote this. David and I are feeling pretty disappointed about being dropped from Hitman 5. There are rumours that Keith Carradine will be the voice for Agent 47 ! And I have no idea who will play Diana... probably some American Hollywood actress with an American accent. I guess that is what they want for the next one - to make it feel and sound American. Personally I still don't understand why David did not play the role in the movie. He looks like Hitman and he is an incredibly good actor.

Anyway thanks again and please keep let IO know your feelings.. The Hitman fanbase is not to be ignored !

best regards,

Vivienne McKee"

I get why people are worried that Kyd isn't scoring this one, his soundtracks added a lot of style to the games and are a huge part in the identity of the series. However when it comes to Bateson then I think he had so few lines in previous games that people are really overreacting.