Sign in to follow this  
Hourences

The Potato Sack

Needs a topic on this :P

The Potato Sack on Steam has just been update for the third time, and things are really speeding up now - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7586/

header_586x192.jpg?t=1302642019

As part of this we've made an hour worth of level in a Portal/The Ball crossover

(

in case embedded one doesn't work)

Huge props to Valve for letting us and the other indies officially infringe on their IP, hell they even provided us with new GLaDOS lines :)

It is 75% off on all those 13 games, support us indies :)

I'm blown away at this promotion, it's a really clever and original piece of marketing. People complain about "in-game advertising", but here's an absolutely outrageous example of it and people are unanimously impressed. BECAUSE IT'S ACE. Looks like you've done stellar work bringing the Portal flavour into The Ball, hope it brings a lot of new eyes to your game. Seems like a monumentally win-win situation for all involved.

Man, this trailer is so awesome!!!

Also: Could you provide some info on the colab with Valve?

I think there will be some post mortems and such after the event is over, so I will retain from saying too much other than that they came up with the general idea and setup, and that all indie devs pretty much implemented that idea into their games as they (the indies) saw suited. Valve supplied us with content, and they flew us over a couple of times (two or three times it was I think) for meetings and presentations. In general there has been a lot of trust and creative freedom so has been really fantastic to work on this. Everything went very smooth and fluent.

i jsut played it and was really enjoying it ( was in the seventh test chamber) and i wanted to do a quick save and couldn't figure pout which f key it was f9 made the game lag so i assumed it was save or screenshot but than f11 made the game crash and now i am back in the beginning and cant figure out how to load my save game !

i watched the ending on youtube ... kind of a bummer was really liking it until that happened D:

and i agree that the portal assets look better in unreal than in source ! even though i generally dont like that "unreal" look