Minos

ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

Damn, so much good stuff here, what the hell is wrong with you guys?!? :D

BTW Warby, if you got stuff from the KL2 levels in question then I'd say post it, doubt anybody would get riled up about you posting some early stuff from it. Got a couple of layouts from some early KL2 levels somewhere, no mockups but it might still be funny to see.

Vault 113 - a short single-player I attempted to create for Fallout 3 around 2 years ago, before diving into the Unreal Engine. Due to poor planning and the editor's refusal to save any of the scripting I created for it, I had to abandon it.

Exterior - a small power station that housed a massive vault hidden underneath the surface.

V113Exterior1.jpg

Vault 1st Floor - Main Entrance Room

V113SbLvLA02.jpg

V113SbLvLA04.jpg

Vault 1st Floor - Security Office

V113SbLvLA06.jpg

V113SbLvLA08.jpg

Vault 1st Floor - Overseer's Office

V113SbLvLA09.jpg

Vault Subfloor 1

V113SbLvLB17.jpg

V113SbLvLB18.jpg

V113SbLvLB19.jpg

V113SbLvLB20.jpg

V113SbLvLB15.jpg

V113SbLvLB14.jpg

V113SbLvLB02.jpg

V113SbLvLB04.jpg

V113SbLvLB10.jpg

6hm2v6.jpg

I worked on that even before the Aliens (sfam) scene we did with helder and lee. Never finished. (before d3ads rage, trees and the truck were stalker placeholders)

:cool: That scene is fantastic, you should post it on a forum somewhere claiming it's a leaked screenshot from STALKER 2 :P

I love this thread!Most of you have seen all my unfinished work from the portfolio thread so I'll refrain from repeating that.

Thanks, Rick. I never got to the lighting and adding little details phase since I try to keep that until after all the major game play stuff is done. Sadly, the GECK just refused to save any scripting, so that was as far as I got in the project.

V113SbLvLB19.jpg

V113SbLvLB20.jpg

V113SbLvLB15.jpg

V113SbLvLB14.jpg

This is what I hate about most modern games. Where are the freaking shadows? I'm not saying you've done a poor job, quite the contrary, it looks nice and detailed. It's just the technical side of modern engines I don't like. CryEngine is capable of realistic environments and keep it playable, even with shadows on for the majority of all objects on screen. I just hope for more engines to do the same. I assume it's because of consoles not being able to render all the goodies PCs can, so they have to leave it out. Imagine these scenes with shadows, would look far better.

It's just the technical side of modern engines I don't like. CryEngine is capable of realistic environments and keep it playable, even with shadows on for the majority of all objects on screen.

I find that funny since CryEngine is the engine most average gamers laughed at a few years back because only about 1 out of 200 PC gamers could play their game, as their first game could only run on the top of the line PCs. sure, Cryengine games look great, but if you limit your audience by expecting them all to have cutting edge machines.... its kind of a joke.

I'm all for high end graphics, and I like what I see from CryEngine, but I find it funny you say that they "keep it playable"

I know the more recent games are much more widespread in their compatibility for PCs and consoles... so hopefully all engines can have that power one day.

anyhow, modern engines are great, but most of whats on them will look dated in 5-6 years. just like most Xbox/PS2/GC Era titles look super dated today.

(speaking of dated titles, anyone else waiting for Shadow of Colossus and Ico this Dec?! )

This is what I hate about most modern games. Where are the freaking shadows? I'm not saying you've done a poor job, quite the contrary, it looks nice and detailed. It's just the technical side of modern engines I don't like. CryEngine is capable of realistic environments and keep it playable, even with shadows on for the majority of all objects on screen. I just hope for more engines to do the same. I assume it's because of consoles not being able to render all the goodies PCs can, so they have to leave it out. Imagine these scenes with shadows, would look far better.

Dude, I simply jacked up the ambient lighting and never got to the actual lighting pass phase. :lol: