Minos

ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

Map I made today to help me learn about smoothing groups, lightmap and HDR settings. Incidentally I realized I didn't know how to make spiral stares so I sort of figured that out along the way.

I just want to make sure by finding out you mean using the Arch Tool included in Hammer?

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Hammer_Arch_Properties

Map I made today to help me learn about smoothing groups, lightmap and HDR settings. Incidentally I realized I didn't know how to make spiral stares so I sort of figured that out along the way.

I just want to make sure by finding out you mean using the Arch Tool included in Hammer?

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Hammer_Arch_Properties

Correct =)

Some practice learning the arch tool a bit. Still working on it with smoothing groups to fix up the ugly railing top face. I'm also trying to make the smaller curbs into displacements so I can smooth them but I'm not yet sure how to go about that. Going to be looking up some tutorials tonight on interlopers.

9cggZN8.jpg

CSGO and L4D2 have curb models which are more detailed than displacements will ever be. If you have to use displacements for some reason, tie their 'front'/street facing sides, top sides, and 'back'/sidewalk facing sides to displacements for a total of three displacement faces per brush, then sew all the brushes together after adding a bit of noise if you so desire. Easy peasy. 

CSGO and L4D2 have curb models which are more detailed than displacements will ever be.

Woops. For what ever reason I had just assumed those sexy curbs were always just displacements. Well, that makes things easier at least.

HL2 Contingency mod - This level was a newer version of the map that was lost due to Hammer SDK issues and finally a computer crash.

contingency_canals0002-3.jpg

HL2 mod Situation Outbreak - This was a brand new map centraled around an old farm house in the middle of nowhere.  Plus fog added to blend zombies within environment. 

so_sv_farmhouse0002.jpg

HL2 mod Situation Outbreak - Brand new map that I was working on and lost in a crash.

120001-1.jpg

CS:S zombie mod - Lost due to Hammer issues plus computer crash. ("Rat styled map")

zm_firewall_lebsroom_b10000.jpg

Sadly my computer and I haven't gotten along in the past three years.  So usually now I try and save backups as much as I can.  Usually my computer crashes about 6 times within 7 minutes of starting the PC via freezing and or just shutting off.