Minos

ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

TF2 KoTH map I started last year at some point. My plan was to come back and finish it up but the layout is completely unworkable. :sad:

highpass_2012_1.png

That looks great... I always had difficulty with that TF2 style, looks like you nailed it

That's too bad, I'm really digging the hydro style and you did it well. I actually have quite a lot of scrapped TF2 maps like, on top of my head:

- A 3-stage Payload Race set in a hydro-esque facility at the base of a dam, using the goldrush sky. I lost the sources, so I can't continue working on it. It was mostly done though, I scrapped the last stage and decided to remake it when I lost the vmfs in a crash.

- A refinery-themed night-time king of the hill map with the CP on an elevator that rises once it becomes available. The map played well and I felt very proud of it, but alas, I lost the sources as well.

- And finally I made something for a contest but decided to scrap it because I fell sick with TF2 at that time (that changed though, I had a TF2 overload). :lol:

Here's a map I was planning to fix up and release for some project that Campaignjunkie was trying to organize a while back. You would babysit Alyx which was driving an APC, and it would have hella synergy between you and the metal machine and etc. etc. Anyway, here are the screenshots:

pql4_urbanstrut11.jpg

pql4_urbanstrut12.jpg

pql4_urbanstrut13.jpg

pql4_urbanstrut14.jpg

alyxdriver.jpg

walkthrough.jpg

Its sooo close to completion, just the scripting left to do really. Which is fun. But where to find the time??

This isn't my work, but I thought it belonged here because it's basically a collection of really awesome looking environments made for a Source mod that died and is now just a graphic novel;

media03.jpg

media06.jpg

media07.jpg

media10.jpg

Check out the guy's concept artwork too, it's amazing...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-hope

its not based on any specific real life location. the level was supposed to be set in "a nameless italien city during ww2"