Sign in to follow this  
PogoP

My first industry job + questions!

The rent was 11000 skr. That's like 1100 GBP or 1200 Euro. But i only had to pay half of it since Grin acknowledged that the place was way too big and expensive for someone who just started his first industry job.

Got a little update for you guys!

I went down to Cambridge for the day to search for a place close to work, and managed to find an absolute steal. I'm paying £400 a month for an absolutely gigantic room, all bills included. My housemates are nice but I don't think I'll be spending a lot of time with them.

I'm now living in Cambridge, and have literally just finished unpacking after moving in yesterday. Went for a few pints with Pontus (Pomperii on here) and I feel a little better about being here now. I start my job next week, so I'll let you know how it goes. I just hope there's gonna be a little more to do, it''s a bit lonely atm! Though I'm sure when I get to know people at work it will be a little better.

400 quid for a room

fucking christ

I used to pay 105 a week for a shared bedroom in a tower apartment in Vauxhall in 2002.

UK housing prices FTFL

I pay 150 euro for a shared apartment :S

But it is in the north of Finland where nobody wants to live because of the hard Winter and the never going down sun in the summer :)

I like it thought!

I pay £400 a month for my room, including ALL bills. Internet, gas, water, electricity, council tax, Tv licence etc. It's an absolute bargain for living in Cambridge, which is one of the most expensive places to live in England.

Not in the UK, but for a comparable price I had my own studio in Montpellier in 2006, in the center of the historic downtown district. 24 square meters for 425 euros.

We have 3 toilets, 2 showers.

I honestly don't see the problem with £380 a month. Have you guys ever had your own place before?!

i had a 2 bedroom house to myself in derby for that price, with a garden