Yeah that's kind of weird, especially with quite a big part of the first game being about the native American guy and his ability to channel ancient spirits or some shit. It was an interesting twist on an otherwise fairly typical id Tech 4 shooter.

If there ever was a game that didn't need a sequel, it is Prey Portal.

If there ever was a game that didn't need a sequel, it is Prey BioShock.

:P

"interesting" cover aside, one of the tidbits I've heard mentioned about this still leaves me with high hopes if they can pull it off.

Yeah I remember reviewers saying that about Bioshock, but in the end the world was so enticing you really could do with a second serving. And they did right by the first game, or so I hear, and made a good one too.

Prey? They had portals. And those were placed in poorly chosen locations that made your head spin faster than Charlie Sheen snorts lines. The world, characters, art had nothing memorable about them. They could have chosen to base their work on the gameplay portals could create and instead never went beyond the gimmick.