Hawken

I've never been too fond of mech combat games, even though they are not really much different from "standard" FPS games. This one though looks promising...which I think I said earlier in this thread? :???: Anyway, I'll definitely give this a chance.

Anyone else like the sound design? I'm assuming it too needs more work, but so far I'm liking it.

Yeah it might just be me. I remember in World of Warcraft; I never enjoyed killing the mechanical units as much as I did enjoy killing the beast/humanoid ones. I also love every match that involves a zerg or terran in starcraft, but protoss games are boring.

Yeah its probably just me..

I think one key challenge for mech games in general is perception among gamers that it is too much "work" to play. In other words, in a standard FPS game you run around and shoot, maybe switch weapons and use a few gizmos. If you think about CoD MP, yes it is much deeper than say Q3:Arena but it still feels like "run around and shoot" to the mass market shooter gamer. But for mech game, whether true or not, I think there is this perception with the mech that you don't have the same freedom to run around the way you do in a standard FPS game and on top of that you have to "manage" the systems on board your mech similar to a complex airplane sim. It may have to do simply with how you have a crowded HUD (i.e. the cockpit) and that alone turns some people off.

Or

Who gives a shit. :nag:

looks freaking awesome

I have no idea why people are saying it looks like District 9 though. That movie took place mostly in a ghetto.

Have you even seen the film?

I wouldnt have commented if I didnt.

This is what I think of when I think of Distrcit 9

District-9-They-are-not-Human_1.jpg

• 10 months later...