PogoP

Liam Tart - Environment Artist

So I'm working on a building right now; I want to try a more architectural piece. I want to do it in Cryengine because, well, Cryengine is awesome, and lightmaps suck big time. However, I already have 2 scenes in Cryengine on my portfolio already.

The question is this, people of Mapcore, do I just go ahead and make this scene in Cryengine, or should I bite the bullet and do it in UDK?

The engine you use to create a scene matters not, your artistic skills are everything (composition, lighting, modeling, texturing, atmosphere,etc)

Heh, thanks Neil.. I think!

Does anybody know of any London based studios that are hiring at the moment? Just curious to see what sort of work is available. I'm pretty sure Splash Damage and Rocksteady aren't hiring at the moment.

Haha thanks Puddy. I doubt that though!

I think I still need more on my portfolio. Most of it is NS2 stuff really, which is mainly just hard surface. I need to show a bit more Zbrush-y sorta stuff, and different types of models, like some sort of building. I have a lot of experience doing that sorta stuff, but I have no finished scenes to show. That's what I need to work on asap!