Pericolos0

procedural FPS

Absolutely awesome Peris! Thumb up!

Here what I would really enjoy u to add:

- An interaction between the player and the environment like breaking the concrete floor, the metal wall and those kind of stuff. Something close to Redfaction and Minecraft.

- Mp as said in the Wip thread.

- Sounds?

- A game name / Logo and such!!! Something cool as Persicorp, Periscore, ... Abandoned Colony :D ?

yup all good ideas. Interaction with the environment I think has a lot of potential. Huge collapsing structures, destructible stuff etc :), definitely something I want to do

I just made a shotgun and added in some sounds!

wip12.jpg

Try it out =).

http://www.brameulaers.com/code/fps_setup_09.html

I think next I want to try to make something with explosions... another enemy with a rocket launcher, exploding barrels etc =D

Looks amazing :). Will there be some kind of goal later in this game? Like getting to exit point or sth. Right now after I've killed all enemies it was a little boring ;). Ofc I know it's just the working build, still looks like fun (I'm a fan os oldschool fps games).

Looks amazing :). Will there be some kind of goal later in this game? Like getting to exit point or sth. Right now after I've killed all enemies it was a little boring ;). Ofc I know it's just the working build, still looks like fun (I'm a fan os oldschool fps games).

yup definitely. I have it all set up actually, i just turned it off for now :P. There will be an exit to the next level, and I want every level to introduce something new to the game (something in the environment, a new enemy, a new item etc), and become slightly harder :).

To properly test this, please implement invert mouse option :)

hehe that shouldn't be too hard, maybe I will :P

I found a nice way to generate donut shaped rooms, so now it will create nice wide circular hallways. That should create a bit more interesting layouts :)

wip13.jpg

wip14.jpg

really need to start adding more visual interest to the environment now

really need to start adding more visual interest to the environment now

I would rather focus on core gameplay/interface issues. "Make it work first, and then pretty". What's more, I like how "pure" it is now, and yet still looks pretty cool. Reminds me a lot of early days of fps games, and that's a plus :).

hehe, I think you are totally right. But I think adding visual stuff that adds to the gameplay, like destructibles, pickups, crates, new textures to make rooms feel more distinct from each other would help a lot :).

edit: whoa.. 6000 pageviews? Did this thread get linked somewhere? :P