What have you watched recently?

The Hobbit.

I expected it to be drawn-out and lame because of the duration, but found it to be pretty entertaining and well-paced after the first part. However, I didn't find it very good aside from that. They're obviously playing a lot on the fact that this is related to Lord of the Rings. Some of the scenes are almost as if they're taken directly from the trilogy. There's also a lot of clichés and some scenes that are so "epic" it becomes cheesy (like the elven queen(?) who's so badass and epic there's a choir singing whenever she looks at someone). However, because the movie is so professionally presented you are able to look past it most of the time.

I didn't notice much difference with the picture (which is supposedly 48fps?). Do you have to be in IMAX or something for them to play this? The production values are amazing as you would expect. All the scenes play out very beautifully visually and there's definitely a lot of wow-moments. It's just that the actual content of the movie didn't feel fresh or original in any way. By saying that I'm not trying to criticize the book, but how they've chosen to present the content from it.

Edited by csyver
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reported this post hopefully thrik does what's right

It's 3:24 am, i just came back from cinema. Went to haloweenmarathon of Alien and Aliens ! YES ! i've never seen Alien/s in cinema (only 4, but that doesn't count).  Directors cut's, all scenes and di

LMAO WTF, guess I need my head examined, for some reason I read Thrik   ~~~~~~~FFFFFRRRRAAAAAIII~~~~~~pls~~~ maeks me feel all  

Posted Images

oh my fucking god

when will people realize that school shooting are a SYMPTOM and not an end result. i can't believe nobody ever tries to analyze what went wrong in these scenarios, it's always people blindly blaming some or other scapegoat. i saw that some website quoted the gov. of connecticut saying, "evil came today" or some other such bullshit. it wasn't evil you moron, it was an obviously troubled kid who saw no other way out of his situation. get your shit straight america, this is on the high school culture and the education system.

it's always people blindly blaming some or other scapegoat.

this is on the high school culture and the education system.

yeah i blindly blame this on the education system. it's not illegal to read what i'm writing, Skjalg.

What does the education system have to do with mentally ill psychotic people? The guy was a 20 year old who apparently had mental issues, killed his mom, and than drove to the school she worked and killed her students.

I don't see how this has to do with the education system?

Edited by Dark

because mental issues are created from the environment. it's not like mental issues are all created at birth and then suddenly just triggering, most disorders happen through social interaction, through traumas or other issues that in the end force the person in question out to the fringes.

you blame him for having mental issues, but you don't see what could have evoked those issues in the first place.

Edited by Sentura

because mental issues are created from the environment. it's not like mental issues are all created at birth and then suddenly just triggering,

actually, yes, they often do. and that trigger happens to be in the late teens and early 20s (correlation?) for a variety of disorders, schizoid and bipolar spectrum to name a couple.

lots of people encounter trauma and unhealthy "social interactions." i think it's more accurate to say that genetic disposition has a big hand in how those things are processed and dealt with on an individual basis.

i'm not saying genetic disposition doesn't have anything to say but to say that the environment doesn't have a big influence on how distorted these issues become is to be blind to the underlying issues. it's not like it's unheard of that people in broken or abusive homes retaliate after being abused for so and so time. it doesn't even have to be linked to a disorder to pan out that way, it could be just anger issues (unlinked to IED) that build up before exploding into something like this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1940091/

Edited by Sentura