dux

What have you watched recently?

Source code

This was really good then the last 10 minutes happened and undid everything that was good about it. The life affirming ending is just too much, the world's an objectively shitty place, so the movie is factually wrong. And any movie that uses russel peters stand up as an example of why people are worth saving and life is worth living is an evil fucking movie.

9/10 if the last 10 minutes were deleted.

I've never so enjoyed watching a movie and then turned out to not like it right after.

And again, fuck russel peters.

Source code

This was really good then the last 10 minutes happened and undid everything that was good about it. The life affirming ending is just too much, the world's an objectively shitty place, so the movie is factually wrong. And any movie that uses russel peters stand up as an example of why people are worth saving and life is worth living is an evil fucking movie.

9/10 if the last 10 minutes were deleted.

I've never so enjoyed watching a movie and then turned out to not like it right after.

And again, fuck russel peters.

Watched it last night too, what a FANTASTIC movie, my only nitpicks are exactly the ones you pointed.

Yeah, I wrote that earlier in this thread as well. If they had cut the last 20 or so minutes of the movie it would've been better, plus I thought something was gonna happen that didn't :G

Also saw Captain America, was pretty bland and forgettable. Kind of a sucker of these super hero origin stories tho, and the first half was alright.

Captain America was absolute horseshit imho. I was a sucker for the timeperiod. :P

Concerning Source Code though:

When was the exact moment the movie went awry? Was it that after they kissed and "resumed" instead of just leaving it at that?

When was the exact moment the movie went awry? Was it that after they kissed and "resumed" instead of just leaving it at that?

I think it was just before zooming out on the kiss in bullet time, where he pays russel peters to do stand up to make people laugh and just typing that description makes me cringe, was the starting point of the shitty ending for me. I liked him going back in for the hell of it, because I had it in my head that he just wanted to save the people because he could and because he had spent enough time with them or whatever and he was going to be terminated after so why not just go out knowing you did some heroic shit.

But I guess it's because a chopper pilot knows quantum physics better than the dude on the crutch who made source code to begin with.

I think it was just before zooming out on the kiss in bullet time, where he pays russel peters to do stand up to make people laugh and just typing that description makes me cringe, was the starting point of the shitty ending for me. I liked him going back in for the hell of it, because I had it in my head that he just wanted to save the people because he could and because he had spent enough time with them or whatever and he was going to be terminated after so why not just go out knowing you did some heroic shit.

But I guess it's because a chopper pilot knows quantum physics better than the dude on the crutch who made source code to begin with.

I have to be honest and say that I had no idea who the comedian chap was. Thought he was a fictional character.

:-D Concerning the knowledge of quantum mechanics; I assumed Colter knew more in the end about the nature of the device because he didn't zap into non-existence when his time was up. Which is something the crutch-guy perhaps didn't know due to the experimental and untested nature of the technology. And while I agree there are some kinks in the last end-bit, I disagree that it's a dealbreaker. :)