dux

What have you watched recently?

Not sure how many of you dive, but octopuses are great.

This is the heartwarming story of a documentarist that followed the life of an octopus for almost a full year. it’s  incredible that a human can create a bond with such a wild animal at all, this surpasses even that expectation IMO  

I feel so bad for all those 🐙 I caught… damn they are tasty :(

Edited by blackdog

I'm following a youtube channel called (translated from portuguese) "Don't lie to me". He has thousands of videos scrutinizing the body language and psychoanalysis of politicians, psychopaths, celebrities, etc.

He's amazing! His videos are very long, sometimes as long as 2 hours. It's incredible how the same emotions and body language that apply to psychopaths are also present in relationships, adverts, newspapers, TV, pretty much everything.

He wrote this book https://www.amazon.com.br/manipulate-persuade-millions-people-English-ebook/dp/B08CL236JZ

The concepts that he presents are very much applicable in the gaming industry.

Edited by 0kelvin

12 hours ago, 0kelvin said:

I'm following a youtube channel called (translated from portuguese) "Don't lie to me". He has thousands of videos scrutinizing the body language and psychoanalysis of politicians, psychopaths, celebrities, etc.

A friend of mine linked me a couple videos like these after the first Zuckemberg appearance in Congress, they were in english though. Very interesting stuff.

Edited by blackdog

Supernatural season 15 finale. They wrote a finale that does not make sense. If God knows it all, how can God not know his own ending? They just made a season that pays homenage to previous seasons and characters by recreating some scenes or moves.

God in supernatural is portrayed as a psychopath, power hungry, sadistic person that behaves as a child. Real life psychopaths can be cold hearted, sadistic and such. Impulsive like a child. But they over exaggerated the childish part. All angels and deities in supernatural are enemies, selfish and asses. God is the mother of all, the worst one. In the end God was just another deity to be defeated.

Edited by 0kelvin

11 hours ago, FMPONE said:

I knew Mr. Bean was supposed to be pretty funny but goddamn. no one told me it is perhaps the funniest thing you can ever watch in your life

Its up there for sure. Pretty timeless too

14 hours ago, FMPONE said:

I knew Mr. Bean was supposed to be pretty funny but goddamn. no one told me it is perhaps the funniest thing you can ever watch in your life

Holy Shit! The nostalgia. Used to watch the original episodes back in the early 90s, and each episode was a half hour of tear-inducing laughs for the whole gathered family. Good times :)

I used to have the VHS set; I think I'll get the DVD set and watch it again soon.

2 hours ago, FMPONE said:

physical comedy. it never ages

I hope you are also fan of Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, charlie Chaplin, and...Tom & Jerry :D

3 hours ago, will2k said:

Holy Shit! The nostalgia. Used to watch the original episodes back in the early 90s, and each episode was a half hour of tear-inducing laughs for the whole gathered family. Good times :)

I used to have the VHS set; I think I'll get the DVD set and watch it again soon.

I hope you are also fan of Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, charlie Chaplin, and...Tom & Jerry :D

I think it might be interesting to watch Buster Keaton's stuff, it's funny how many commercials for products today still rip him off.

I binged on the whole 4 seasons of The Strain to take a break and prolong Mr Robot in the last month and a half.

I really liked it started as a modernised Dracula tale, giving it a pandemic twist. Maybe I liked the start so much cos I genuinely didn’t know what the show was about, except for a contagion phenomenon.

Then it goes all over the place, quickly becoming TWD with vampires, and then Falling Skies with vampires.

I’m still convinced they should have never shown the master vampire in season 1, makeup and props were so ridiculous it turned the thing from serious to comedy in an instant.