dux

What have you watched recently?

12 hours ago, Minos said:

I used to ages ago, but it's hard to watch here in the west coast, the times suck!

Same, kinda grew up with the bbbrrrruuuuumm brrruuummmmm sounds on the background. The older guys in my town, if they weren't watching football, they'd be watching F1. So I kinda absorbed it by osmosis.

I heard it kind of died down these last few years though? Something about too many regulations?

Regardless, seems like F1 cars are hybrid now, which is fucking dope.

9 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Regardless, seems like F1 cars are hybrid now, which is fucking dope.

I didn’t know that! Makes sense, they are always at the forefront of engine tech.

There’s also Formula E with fully electric cars… and I think they all run in for circuits so it should be more thrilling even.

Formula E is sort of a different animal and it has some evolving to do. I don't wanna go full into the details, but it definitely has potential. In terms of fia rules, people have always complained about the rules being too strict/ unfair, similarly to fifa and other sports. Regardless, the racing and formatting is quite entertaining as it has been refined for decades. And you always have those crazy moments, everyone who watches knows what I mean.

A few months back I had a huge craving for F1, and this series on Netflix kind of satisfied that. I always wondered what the hell was going on before or after the races (since on TV they only showed the actual races), and this gives a very intimate look into the pilots and the day to day paddock life.

Nope, I haven't looked into it at all. That's so cool! Just started watching it last night and so far it's reminding me a lot of Samurai Jack. The way he goes about in each episode having some adventure is very similar to Jack. Of course, there are also the western influences, but feel like it could be something directed by Genndy Tartakovsky. I have spoken.

Edited by Radu