dux

What have you watched recently?

Think was last week we finally got round to watch El Camino. Flawless if it was a tv episode, as a film I think it runs a bit flat, every sequence feels extended for the sake of filling up two hours.

There are a couple of awesome set pieces, but I dunno… doesn’t feel like an adequate, full conclusion to two tv shows, despite not leaving anything in the air (as I started to be concerned towards the 1/3 of movie)

Preferisco il Paradiso (2010)

Watched it first around Christmas then re-watched it last weekend.

The life of Saint Filippo Neri in the 1500s. Even if you are not Catholic or religious in general, this movie will bring you inner joy when you watch it.

27 minutes ago, will2k said:

Preferisco il Paradiso (2010)

Watched it first around Christmas then re-watched it last weekend.

The life of Saint Filippo Neri in the 1500s. Even if you are not Catholic or religious in general, this movie will bring you inner joy when you watch it.

I'm sure I've seen this in my youth, can't remember if at home or at Sunday school...

I'm nearing the end of Schitt's Creek. It's a simple family, comedy show about a bunch of bankrupt, flamboyant folk who move to a small time town and adjust. No-brainer watch, and you get to see some character show their delicate side from time to time. It fits perfectly into my lunch/dinner time.

On 6/19/2020 at 2:36 PM, cyberjunkie said:

I'm nearing the end of Schitt's Creek. It's a simple family, comedy show about a bunch of bankrupt, flamboyant folk who move to a small time town and adjust. No-brainer watch, and you get to see some character show their delicate side from time to time. It fits perfectly into my lunch/dinner time.

Sounds like something we should give a try, we run out of no-brainers atm. Sounds like a family friendly Ozark plot too 😄

~

Speaking of which, just finished Ozark S3 last night, oh my oh my! I was expecting the finale outcome but not so sudden. The season veered a bit much into mental illness, but I’ve seen bipolars on meds and I think the acting performance by Tom Pelphrey (Ben) was impressive.

Also watched The Wall, I’d describe it as a cheap version of Hurt Locker and I’d say watch it without watching the trailer that tries to make it more action than it is, it’s one of those slow-burn ones… very well executed imo.

Also probably the best acting performance you’ll see by John Cena 🤣 (you’ll get it when you see it)

Edited by blackdog

On 6/15/2020 at 11:46 PM, blackdog said:

I snobbed Mars Attacks! in my youth cos I only wanted to watch serious stuff, especially sci-di wise.

But was great to catch up with this cult classic

I still had it on VHS tape from 1997 :D until several years ago before I got rid of all my VHS collection.

One of those random Youtube recommendation that were worth the watch, afew years old but pretty stunning and insperational and Lizzie Higgins voice is beautiful.

+1 @+Rusty+! Watched many Danny Macaskill videos, so impressive. It made me start a playlist on YT where I save the craziest bike riding stuff I see. Not that I’m into mountain biking myself, but is like watching parkour on wheels.

I recently got around to watching all eight Harry Potter movies, and wow–I was missing out. These movies are incredible, and have absolutely perfect atmosphere. Hogwarts is the coziest location I've seen in film. The music and cast are also near perfect at their job. Overall, this is one of the greatest movie series I've seen.

I watched episode 1 of Halt and Catch Fire ages ago and never got back to it, until a week ago. Rewatched that and continued solidly to see S1 in this little time.
I'm already on S2.
It's a bit like Pirates of the Silicon Valley, but (of course) it's fictional. I'm so much enjoying the retro tech of the CRTs with green text, the noise of the old keyboards... goddamn I was born the year the story starts :D

Gordon's wife 😍

Edited by blackdog