dux

What have you watched recently?

(For any brits) Recently started watching "the Capture" with the missus

Gotta admit its actually a pretty interesting concept and a good bit of back-n-forth-mind/fukery^^ defo worth a watch.

Also cant believe @blackdog you only recently just watched big trouble in little china^^ brilliant film..

Edited by +Rusty+

Since I just watched The Lighthouse and really enjoyed it, I thought I would check out the director’s debut, The Witch. Not as good IMO, a bit slow, not as good of an ending. But it got a lot of praise, so your mileage may vary.

On 6/25/2017 at 6:10 AM, FMPONE said:

Almost done with Twin Peaks Seasons 1+2. Still have the movie, and the new Seasons to go. What a weird ride.

Sorry I can’t find a dedicated thread of the show so

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/twin-peaks-vr-trailer-escape-the-black-lodge-and-e/1100-6472009/?TheTime=2019-12-09T00%3A25%3A33&ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a&PostType=link&ServiceType=facebook_page&UniqueID=6A1DDF1E-1A1A-11EA-846A-D27696E8478F

What an awesome movie! (trailer does not do it justice)

Stallone nailed it in this one by going back to the roots of "First Blood" from 1982. No over the top hero stuff, just a war vet with PTSD and a past, trying to cope, but life manages to throw a hard curve ball at him by drawing first blood.

The story is heartbreaking, the fight sequence is very tight, brutal, nostalgic, and reminiscent of the first movie, and the end credits sequence with shots from previous Rambo, especially "First Blood" almost brought a tear to my eye.

I watched the previous ones as a kid in the 80s, and with this last one concluding the story after more than 35 years (no spoilers), one feels like losing a close friend.

15 minutes ago, will2k said:

Stallone nailed it in this one by going back to the roots of "First Blood" from 1982. No over the top hero stuff, just a war vet with PTSD and a past, trying to cope, but life manages to throw a hard curve ball at him by drawing first blood.

The story is heartbreaking, the fight sequence is very tight, brutal, nostalgic, and reminiscent of the first movie, and the end credits sequence with shots from previous Rambo, especially "First Blood" almost brought a tear to my eye.

I watched the previous ones as a kid in the 80s, and with this last one concluding the story after more than 35 years (no spoilers), one feels like losing a close friend.

Taken for the first hour, Home Stallone for the rest half hour. I wish it was more Home Stallone.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, cyberjunkie said:

The Witcher is a pretty decent watch. Am 4 episodes in and I haven't cringed yet.

I am not understanding much of what's going on https://www.mapcore.org/topic/22298-the-witcher-netflix-tv-show/?do=findComment&comment=453706

feels they are keeping things too high-concept for me (kind of to stay true to the books – dunno if it makes sense of what i mean)

On 12/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, will2k said:

This makes me feel better. Maybe is the movie we actually needed... I've read the Rambo book (tens of times!) and spoiler alert, if it was for David Morrel, there wouldn't be any Rambo series to talk about.