What have you watched recently?

At lunch I finished Season 1 of The Following.

Not groundbreaking, but it steadily remains at a good level of quality.

Fair enough for those who like this, but that show is retarded, it makes no sense and is just plain annoying to watch. Quality maybe, but writing is laughable and embarrassingly bad...

Edited by Grinwhrl
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And tell us what you watched bitches

LMAO WTF, guess I need my head examined, for some reason I read Thrik   ~~~~~~~FFFFFRRRRAAAAAIII~~~~~~pls~~~ maeks me feel all  

I reported this post hopefully thrik does what's right

Posted Images

At lunch I finished Season 1 of The Following.

Not groundbreaking, but it steadily remains at a good level of quality.

Fair enough for those who like this, but that show is retarded, it makes no sense and is just plain annoying to watch. Quality maybe, but writing is laughable and embarrassingly bad...

You mean the whole plot thing? If it's that I can agree, the first few episodes where more catchy, then when the whole book plot comes out it feels retarded indeed. I tried to ignore it and just concentrate on the twists... sometimes were clearly forced or foreseeable or over-used.

Watched Valhalla Rising again. I love this movie. Nordic influences, beautiful scenery, not much talking, a lot of scenes with men just staring at each other.

Excellent soundtrack with dark ambient sounds and drone metal. Also Nicolas Winding Refn is one of my favourite directors and has not made a bad film imho.

Best thing about the story is in the end they achieve nothing and all get slaughtered

Gave Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt a punt on Netflix and holy crap it's good!

Yeah, I've been really enjoying this! A very unexpected hit. the humour is just so fast and punchy, I practically have to pause to catch my breath.

http://youtu.be/5eLkslpNEUs

I've also continued watching Better Call Saul. Episode six was splendid. A sharp hit of Breaking Bad's dark tone that had previously eluded it. Although it's slightly telling that the most Broken Bad-esque episode so far featured almost no Saul.

Watching Gotham at the moment... it's pretty fucking amazing.

The pilot didn't hook me :-/ but I still want to give it a chance watching a few more.

---

Started catching up with House of Cards... back from the very beginning. Got to the third episode

Edited by blackdog

I think it has a few issues, but the characters more than make up for it. Young Penguin is portrayed well as a sociopath, and while he doesn't carry the show alone he does do a good job. I think some characters like Selina are a bit too exaggerated in their speech and behavior. She calls Bruce 'boy' or 'kid' even though she's the same age. It's like she was written in to be way older when she isn't. She also sits like a "cat" all the time which is fucking ridiculous and borderline edgy.

I also think that James Gordon is portrayed too much as a 'Midas' kind of person in that everything he touches turns into gold. He always wins, he's always the good guy in everything he does. This whole lawful good behavior just seems unrealistic, although it does provide the context for why Bruce later mimics his behavior as Batman. A lot of the situations he is thrown into with the different characters come out great in the action though. The mafia bosses also have a great godfather feel to them, and Fish Mooney, as much as I don't like her personally, is also well portrayed. Oh and Nigma is great too.

Not to mention the way the show does a tour around the different other villains you don't see often and explain their existence without overt use of macguffins or supernatural crutches. It's very well done storytelling.

Edited by Sentura