dux

What have you watched recently?

Watched this, pretty good, the sequel is supposed to be better so will watch that too sometime soon:

8032807042749.jpg

The Theory of Everything

Very good movie. I found it to be fairly similar to The Imitation Game in that both movies center around British scientists that face

huge professional and personal problems. Also they both had fantastic leading actors. 4/5, would recommend.

I watched Red Sorghum (a chinese movie from 1987) and skipped through Still Life (2006) for some theme research and inspiration.

The first is a more traditional, countryside, banal theme, the latter a modern chinese approach with focus on industry, city and some uninteresting life stories. :D

Finally that Watchever subscription paid off.

I've been totally hooked on community, absolutely love the troy/abed combo

Binged on some movies on a long flight, in the mix was John Wick which I finally caught up on and I thought it was really well made. I also loved the fact that he would go for the headshots so often, actually KILL people, not shoot them in the leg and run off, as well as cars falling off tall things don't blow up, and just hit the ground and smash up.

Been watching some Penny Dreadful as well, a little cheesy and NFI what is going on, but it's retained my interest for now

Saw Chappie, wasn't quite what I was expecting, a bit too 'comedy' really...was ok, not great

Edited by PaulH

Saw Chappie, wasn't quite was I was expecting, a bit too 'comedy' really...was ok, not great

Damn, was really looking forward to Chappie. But everything i've seen has been "just ok."

I watched Nightcrawler yesterday. I really love the character Jake Gyllenhaal plays. Employer of the Month for sure! Excellent movie.