dux

What have you watched recently?

Just watched the final ever Sons of Anarchy. Was a really good show, but

damn those guys could never do special effects right!

Also watched the latest Homeland, is a brilliant series. It's like a better, more plausible version of 24

I've finished the season 2 of Hemlock Grove. This show is really good (but WTF the end ?) It's another vision of werewolves and vampires that is pretty cool. And the actors are awesome of course and that makes a good show.

So, i've started to watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It's a serie starring Andy Samberg (the lonely island) and Terry Crew. First of all, I love this generic theme 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSBB4ExDCY

It's really fun, Of course, it's not composed of intellectual jokes but it's entertaining enough to leep watching it. 

The 3rd Hobbit film Battle of the Five Armies. Pretty dull if I'm honest, these Hobbit films just never really got going for me :( Billy Connolly was the highlight of the film.

Attempted watching The Hobbit (1), but fell asleep three times so fail! :-/

Gotta say it seems to lack much more rhythm compared to LOTR, also WATTAFFAK is that shit orange smear all over the film?? That color correction is so, so so out of place. Costumes for the dwarves look utter shit: you can see everything is fake miles away, it's like characters at the local circus wtf?? And then only the dwarf prince has his actual face without any prop, so pops out like Viggo Mortensen was compared to the hobbits in the first trilogy, just is even more awkward.

Oh, and story is very random, I'm really really surprised by the worshipping the book has if Gandalf just randomly decides Bilbo has to go on the adventure… and why the fuck a dragon should even ever care about gold???

What did Tolkien smoke before sitting down for this :?

Edited by blackdog

Attempted watching The Hobbit (1), but fell asleep three times so fail! :-/

Gotta say it seems to lack much more rhythm compared to LOTR, also WATTAFFAK is that shit orange smear all over the film?? That color correction is so, so so out of place. Costumes for the dwarves look utter shit: you can see everything is fake miles away, it's like characters at the local circus wtf?? And then only the dwarf prince has his actual face without any prop, so pops out like Viggo Mortensen was compared to the hobbits in the first trilogy, just is even more awkward.

Oh, and story is very random, I'm really really surprised by the worshipping the book has if Gandalf just randomly decides Bilbo has to go on the adventure… and why the fuck a dragon should even ever care about gold???

What did Tolkien smoke before sitting down for this :?

Have you read the book? Judging by what you've written I'm assuming no?

Edited by dux

Does it matter? I don't think that Peter Jackson invented the whole part about the dragon taking over dwarf-land for the gold... it's just bullshit no matter how you spin it.

Edited by blackdog

Does it matter? I don't think that Peter Jackson invented the whole part about the dragon taking over dwarf-land for the gold... it's just bullshit no matter how you spin it.

tumblr_mgvtktafus1rh32aoo1_250.gif