dux

What have you watched recently?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1661382/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Grudge Match:

I didn't expect much, I kinda laughed at the idea, but it's actually a very decent movie. It has humor, wit, drama and some good acting, yes, good acting. I liked it. Try it, it shouldn't disappoint. 

Lone Survivor.

Enjoyable, i was expecting something bad, more propaganda.

Though I can't shake the question from my head: what were they thinking???

In all the spec ops documentaries I've seen they say they teach these men to think, so why were they seeing as the only available options that eventually caused the course of events: "kill/tie the prisoners, or let everybody go"? I mean damn! tie the youngsters and free the old man and gain a great advantage to escape. Let them go but tie em together, so they can't run… daffuck.

PS: among all actors, Wahlberg is the less believable in wearing boots imo.

Edited by blackdog

Lone Survivor.

Enjoyable, i was expecting something bad, more propaganda.

Though I can't shake the question from my head: what were they thinking???

In all the spec ops documentaries I've seen they say they teach these men to think, so why were they seeing as the only available options that eventually caused the course of events: "kill/tie the prisoners, or let everybody go"? I mean damn! tie the youngsters and free the old man and gain a great advantage to escape. Let them go but tie em together, so they can't run… daffuck.

Yeah, that wasn't really smart. Also, how things escalated, I mean, how many hits can a man take, dafuq!

My girlfriend made me watch snowpiercer, it's the story of survivors of a postapocalyptic scenario where the weather became too cold to live on earth. So some guys build a train which is always moving to keep people in it warm enough to live. It's kinda good, bad at the same time, very entertaining, some heavy cliches but i found the concept to be refreshing; very claustrophobic. It apparentely holds the ambition to be some kind of metaphorical representation of society, or at least representing this particular society. Well i find it to fall flat there obviously, but i leave you with your own conclusions

Don't spoil yourself with teasers, it waste the fun to discover what's in the next wagon :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/

Started watching Attack on Titan after hearing so many people talking about it. Not disappointed, this shit is blowing my mind :) Very unique and well thought out, I love how the designs actually make sense in the world. Highly recommended!

Gravity

Amazing.

Europa Report

Good, solid!

Moonrise Kingdom

Adorable. Great!

Captain Philips

Exciting. Good. Not great.

Men In Black 3

Solid popcorn movie. Entertaining and some really funny moments.

The World's End

The weak link. Not nearly as good as Hot Fuzz/Shaun. Was okay.

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Entertaining but ultimately I find the universe a bit flat where the "authority" is too one-dimensionally evil.

How I Live Now

Very good film. About a girl trying to survive troubling times, just like Hunger Games. Only more down to earth and muuuch better.

The Last Stand

Good fun. Not a great movie, but entertaining. Arnold fo sho.

The Selfish Giant

Supposedly a very good film, but couldn't dig it all that much.

Tropa de Elite

Gritty and great! Can't speak about it's authenticity.

Gone Baby Gone

Couldn't finish it. ZzzZzz.

Winter's Bone

Great!