What have you watched recently?

dux

Watched the season 14 finale of Supernatural. As it turns out, they found what is the biggest treat of all: God himself.

This somewhat isn't surprising because the whole show makes angels, demons, monsters, every supernatural being is evil in a way or another. Even God is against the heroes. Many times the angels themslves talked about God being abscent and never fixing up things.

It was really stupid to make God show up and just give them a new gun that has a stupid drawback, you kill but the gun kills you at the same time. Really uncreative.

The ending is very meta when God says "Welcome to the end" as season 15 will be the last one. They'll probably wrap up things with that Cosmic entity and make many references to enemies and characters from the past. They won't kill God in the end, it'll probably end in some form of a deal.

Edited by 0kelvin

Growing up in the 80s, these folks, along with Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, The Three Stooges, Louis de Funès, and Tom &Jerry, were my slapstick comedy heroes.

It's bittersweet to witness the "backstage" action of these 2 funny guys putting on the brave smiling face in public while hiding a ton of burdens in their actual lives.

Recommended for fans of Laurel and Hardy and for everyone looking for insights on their actual lives.

• 2 weeks later...

Chernobyl looks great! defo need to check that out
(lil randomness here) Recently iv kinda been on a good ol memories trip after watching a transworld doc

throughout the late 90's and early naughtys sk8boarding was everything to me and at a time when the internet wasnt what it is now and i had to wait a month for a sk8 mag to be ordered into a shop jst to find out what was going on within the world of sk8brding^^ but after watching this i watched that (kinda) new jonah hill film "mid 90's" and realy enjoyed it

really nostalgic in a sense, i had some great memories with a lil group of lads jst messing around and having fun skating and meeting some brilliant people from around the world..
but this also reminded me i had an old board setup kicking around somewhere and on friday afternoon i was inspired to take my son out and let him ride a sk8board for the first time... I swear it was magical, just seeing how much fun he had and watching him mess around on the board.. he keeps asking to go sk8ing again^^ (sorry to go alil offtopic) wanted to share that with you awsome folks and also i know what it's like to get caught up in 3d and game dev stuff jst remember to have a break ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re-Watched all of Cowboy Bebop and the movie. The very beginning of the series is the best (first 4-5 eps) and the movie is OK. There were surprisingly few outright cringey scenes for an anime. However there were some really bad episodes (the evil clown assassin one is trash). Overall a pretty enjoyable series that held up quite well. The animation is largely super solid. They hyper-sexualized Faye quittttte a bit, but I guess it was relatively restrained by anime standards. The episode where she remembers her past is really quite touching and profound, it’s genuinely moving. The music was lively and fun.

Not holding out too much hope for the Netflix series, but it’s the kind of show I could easily see doing very well in live action. If they could pull it off that would be really awesome.

Biggest complaint about the show is just how short the episodes are and how some of them don’t end up making much sense as a result. If they had gone for 1 hour eps instead of 30 minutes everything would have worked soooo much better IMO, so that’s one opportunity for Netflix.

17 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Re-Watched all of Cowboy Bebop and the movie. The very beginning of the series is the best (first 4-5 eps) and the movie is OK. There were surprisingly few outright cringey scenes for an anime. However there were some really bad episodes (the evil clown assassin one is trash). Overall a pretty enjoyable series that held up quite well. The animation is largely super solid. They hyper-sexualized Faye quittttte a bit, but I guess it was relatively restrained by anime standards. The episode where she remembers her past is really quite touching and profound, it’s genuinely moving. The music was lively and fun.

Not holding out too much hope for the Netflix series, but it’s the kind of show I could easily see doing very well in live action. If they could pull it off that would be really awesome.

Biggest complaint about the show is just how short the episodes are and how some of them don’t end up making much sense as a result. If they had gone for 1 hour eps instead of 30 minutes everything would have worked soooo much better IMO, so that’s one opportunity for Netflix.

Such a great series, the OST is amazing :D Damn, now I'll have to watch it again :) (I got the bluray set for dirty cheap)

This shit makes me cry:

On 6/21/2019 at 2:11 AM, FMPONE said:

Oh yasss! I mean to go back to this at some point… I watched some eps when was airing in Italy; watched the movie, and watched one-two eps when was put on Netflix… just following along in original language and subs was a bit too much effort at that time (was in my old job).

I LOVE the ship design and the style generally. Thanks for the reminder! ?

@FMPONE have you also watched Trigun? Is more light hearted but I watched a good chunk of it.

One of my fave anime is Macross/Robotech, I watched a good chunk of the English dub and is a bit cringy but again, plane design too cool to care. My anime experts friends told me the English version has been ruined by cuts and should find the original… anyway the theme was so great!

Edited by blackdog

10 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Oh yasss! I mean to go back to this at some point… I watched some eps when was airing in Italy; watched the movie, and watched one-two eps when was put on Netflix… just following along in original language and subs was a bit too much effort at that time (was in my old job).

I LOVE the ship design and the style generally. Thanks for the reminder! ?

@FMPONE have you also watched Trigun? Is more light hearted but I watched a good chunk of it.

One of my fave anime is Macross/Robotech, I watched a good chunk of the English dub and is a bit cringy but again, plane design too cool to care. My anime experts friends told me the English version has been ruined by cuts and should find the original… anyway the theme was so great!

I remember not liking Trigun but then again it’s probably been 15 years. I’d like to rewatch the original Gundam series, afraid it might suck tho. Never saw Macross

Looking after a newborn doesn’t let you do much more than watch lot of TV…

Well at least I’m caught up with Better Call Saul, Season 4 was again great and I kinda feel this is the best ongoing show on TV.

I adore the camera work, I think it really helps to lean in with the characters feelings. They also do this very basic tricks of framing details that can bring you back one-two seasons, for example one of the last episodes they use the rule of thirds to frame a litter bin Jimmy kicked in previous seasons: the bin is still dinked and you immediately remember of that old scene. Brilliant ?? 

If you are not watching this you should, especially after watching Breaking Bad, because watching the downfall you know these characters face is such a neat narration device. When the TV show was announced this concept was my biggest concern, it’s actually its strength.

~

Also finally ticked this off the list

cheesy AF lol