What have you watched recently?

dux

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been watching The Umbrella Academy. It has its loopholes and it picks up ideas from movies and shows we've seen before. Having said that, I like the style, the acting and the production value. It's an effortless watch. It's active, colourful and funny all at the same time. I've been watching two episodes at a time and I'll be watching episode 6 next.

• 1 month later...

I finished watching Russian Doll last night. It was entertaining and unique in its own way. The style and theme is nice. It didn't end the season with a huge bang, but the whole experience and length of episode is just right. It ends every episode on a cliffhanger, but neatly.

I'm also watching Drive to Survive. It's nice and makes you want to follow F1 again.

NowTV movie pass is increasing price on the 5th so tried to get some stuff out of my watchlist: yep, got to 36 without ever seeing Taxi Driver before

it's uncanny how much the love interest reminds me of Brie Larson, yet is much prettier (don’t like Larson). I can see why this is a cult movie, whilst I really didn’t like The Hunter when I saw it (not that I want to compare orange to apples but just saying since both are young DeNiro movies and both are considered milestones).

Red Sparrow was unexpectedly long and explicit

Baby Driver starts with a bang and ends in a fart

Some more weeks ago watched Marathon Man and found it really disappointing, I think the whole film is a huge plot-hole.

Edited by blackdog

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Shahzam. Somehow, despite all the odds, they turned even this nothing bore of a character into a great movie. It seems Hollywood just has movies figured out and down to a science. Almost all of these superhero movies feel the same and yet don’t suck and get the right laughs at the right moments to keep you engaged. It’s kinda crazy. I’m convinced they could make a movie about literally anything at this point, run it through their algorithm and come out with something decently watchable for just under two hours.