What have you watched recently?

dux

1 hour ago, FMPONE said:

Yeah that episode is so amazing. I just watched the movie from 1997. The part with the painting is maybe the funniest thing I have ever seen in my entire life

Whistler's Mother :D

Seeing him at the end, cruising in the convertible on Sunset Blvd, flipping everyone off was priceless :lol:

Do yourself a favor and watch the 2nd movie from 2007 if you haven't done so yet; it is slightly less hilarious than the first one but it's Bean after all (the scene where he inadvertently gets onto a movie set about WWII and does his usual shenanigans is well worth it)

3 hours ago, will2k said:

Whistler's Mother :D

Seeing him at the end, cruising in the convertible on Sunset Blvd, flipping everyone off was priceless :lol:

Do yourself a favor and watch the 2nd movie from 2007 if you haven't done so yet; it is slightly less hilarious than the first one but it's Bean after all (the scene where he inadvertently gets onto a movie set about WWII and does his usual shenanigans is well worth it)

You just made my day. I had no idea there was a second movie

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a hidden gem that was unfortunately overshadowed by the Matrix when it was out. It released back in April 1999, and 2 months later, The Matrix released and took away all the attention since they tackle a similar theme of computer simulation/virtual world/characters.

I admit that I haven't heard about it until recently when someone recommended it, and I'm glad that I watched it. It doesn't have over the top CGI like the matrix but the story is captivating, the alternation between LA in 1999 and 1937 was a nice touch, and having a simulation within a simulation (like Inception) was a cool plot twist for a 1999 movie.

If you like the theme in the matrix, watch this one. Recommended

8 hours ago, will2k said:

Watched a hidden gem that was unfortunately overshadowed by the Matrix when it was out. It released back in April 1999, and 2 months later, The Matrix released and took away all the attention since they tackle a similar theme of computer simulation/virtual world/characters.

I admit that I haven't heard about it until recently when someone recommended it, and I'm glad that I watched it. It doesn't have over the top CGI like the matrix but the story is captivating, the alternation between LA in 1999 and 1937 was a nice touch, and having a simulation within a simulation (like Inception) was a cool plot twist for a 1999 movie.

If you like the theme in the matrix, watch this one. Recommended

I only remember not liking it… I didn’t even remember they had the “era” section of the film ? I should probably rewatch, probably seen it in Italian and too young to get it.

If you like gangster stories, you can't miss on ZeroZeroZero. It’s basically Sicario (the first) extended for 8 hours -in terms of pacing, tension, action.

I just couldn't help myself and watched the last 4 episodes, half of the mini series, in one sitting.

I'm at the same time impressed and in disbelief this comes from a core of Italian writers/producers. Makes me so angry that we don't spend money in producing cinema that clearly has an international audience.

It's co-produced by Amazon, so I guess it's on Prime in the US.

Edited by blackdog

• 3 weeks later...

The Last Kingdom on Netflix. I am a little surprised to be saying this but I think it has consistently shown enough. To me this is one of, if not the best, shows I have ever seen. It’s flat out incredible at times 

What I don’t understand is how nobody is talking about it. The fact that a show can be this good and not get talked about more is crazy

Dunno @FMPONE, don't think Netflix themselves hyped it. Title sounds familiar, maybe a new season just came out? Trailer for the early stuff looks pretty cheesy, considering it's been running alongside stuff like Vikings that seems much more gritty.

~

I'm almost through another mini-series that definitely will fill your Breaking Bad withdrawal: Your Honor. I want to pun calling back to one of the best Walter White lines: "I'm the one who knocks" :D

Edited by blackdog

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Dunno @FMPONE, don't think Netflix themselves hyped it. Title sounds familiar, maybe a new season just came out? Trailer for the early stuff looks pretty cheesy, considering it's been running alongside stuff like Vikings that seems much more gritty.

~

I'm almost through another mini-series that definitely will fill your Breaking Bad withdrawal: Your Honor. I want to pun calling back to one of the best Walter White lines: "I'm the one who knocks" :D

Yeah perhaps Netflix is not confident in the show, which is wild to me because it rocks

7 hours ago, Minos said:

Really captures the vibe of a good AD&D session :D 

I started listening to Critical Role a few months ago, it's great background noise

Was going through a lot of audiobooks earlier in lockdown, but I'd lose the plot way too often if I had to focus on something for a second. This plotline moves so slowly it's nearly impossible for that to happen