What have you watched recently?

dux

' timestamp='1355867229' post='319265']

Drive was ok. Half way through the movie he actually shows emotion and I don't get that because he's a total mute the rest of the time.

Isnt that the whole point? Narrative and emotional progression.

Oh, more specifically when he sort of erupts on brian cranston about fucking up or whatever. Which before, and after, is never really shown again. Felt weird. Like it wasn't earned and didn't progress from there.

Edited by Erratic

An Iranian film called Shekarchi‎ (The Hunter): Quite an odd one this which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A man kills two random policemen after his wife and daughter are killed then he's captured by two more policemen, one of which is corrupt (somehow trying to imply that the hunter might be justified in killing the police because they're outside the law). Nicely shot filming in Tehran and surrounding areas. It was interesting to see a very Western looking fairground with rides at one point, plus there's a gorgeous looking school that his kid goes to, looks slightly like a Russian Dacha but more decorative.

To me the whole war thing is retarded. Millions die each year of heartdisease and only a 100 of terrorist attacks or something. Yet they spend way more money on terrorism, trying to surveillance whole america.

And what about that Minority Report-like tv-show that seems to aim to educate people to feel safer when surveilled upon?

Edit: this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/ (haven't checked it, the trailer made me barf enough)

Edited by blackdog

This is what I think of the above movie:

"They can find Sadam in a hole, in Iraq. But you can't tell me who shot 2Pac?" -Chris Rock

Looks like a very Americunt war promoting movie.

To me the whole war thing is retarded. Millions die each year of heartdisease and only a 100 of terrorist attacks or something. Yet they spend way more money on terrorism, trying to surveillance whole america.

terrorism_zps3666ca23.jpg

http://www.who.int/m...0/en/index.html

See this as a review on that movie.

So did you see it?

Watched the new Dredd movie. It felt ... very much like the movie The Raid. I havn't read the Dredd comics but just about everyone that have, have jizzed over this movie because it is very true to the comics, which is something the Dredd movie from 1995 isn't, which also gets bonus penalty-points for having Rob Schneider in it. And just by that, this movie is good. Except the overuse of the slow-motion, caused by the plot-device in the movie. Still miles ahead of the Stallone movie.

Edited by Zyndrome

Dredd's script was leaked pre-production, The Raid was in development after this happened and it isn't entirely far-fetched that the script elements from Dredd were "borrowed" for The Raid. Anyway, one is science fiction and the other is martial arts, I don't think you can compare them quite as easily as some people seem to do.

Dredd is out on DVD January 14th, I've got the Blue-Ray on pre-order!

Edited by D3ads

Final episode of Homeland S2...

...was a blast, literally! Did not see that one coming, I honestly thought this would be the end but they've gone and pushed it on to a third season, should have guessed really. The moment Brody's confession tape appears on TV... priceless! Poor Dana, after just trying to defend her father with the doubt in her mind and then the face-on realisation of what she sees. Season 3 should be interesting for sure, I just hope it picks up more of a pace, some parts of episodes were dull and slow-moving at times