What have you watched recently?

dux

Watched The Third Man by Carol Reed. Really great film-noir in a post-WWII Vienna. The only thing I didn't like was the intrusive music, but other than that it's amazing. I've also watched Vampyr by Carl Dreyer. Very good too with some great photography (the film was made in 1932), but I found it a bit long, which is funny because the film is only 1h15 long. Still, pretty kickass with some great technical wizardry for its time.

Edited by Skacky

Just watched the latest ep of Walking Dead! Let me quote a post that was written in a response to an earlier episode.

I am getting serious Day of the Dead vibes from The Walking Dead now. In a good way! :D

Is it just me or did the series start out as a quasi-realistic 28 Days Later style but is now becoming more and more and more like an old school zombie flick? What with all the villains, the pretty extreme characters (katana-girl for example), gratuitous zombie kills etc...

The music near the end of episode 7 really sealed the deal! LOL The Walking Dead is now officially an old-school zombie film. :cool: Love it!

Just watched the latest ep of Walking Dead! The music near the end of episode 7 really sealed the deal! LOL The Walking Dead is now officially an old-school zombie film. :cool: Love it!

Totally agree. We're going to get one hell of a mid season finale. That music, can't wait until next episode.

Obviously they can't take on the entire village so I'm really curious as to how this is going to play out. Also, how will the brothers react to seeing each other again and what about loyalty (the brothers, Andrea, Michonne) ? They did a great job bringing these different characters together in a situation like this. Fireworks!

Damn mid-season break in Walking Dead :(

Homeland is actually going somewhere again finally after a couple of dull episodes...

New Killing III (Forbrydelsen) could actually be the best of the lot, loving it!

Also watched John Carpenter's The Thing for the first time in years, it's still damn good and the effects freak me the fuck out even now...

Edited by D3ads