Sign in to follow this  
KungFuSquirrel

THE CUBE CHALLENGE: Rules and discussion

So I initially want to make an UDK scene but 3month weeks is too short for it. The tut about hldm on Ob works :) so here we go !

Just a question. Can we use Ep2 models on our map and include them in the bsp ?

From the perspective of the challenge, use any content you want as long as it is included in the download.

That said, I don't know what the Valve view would be on Ep2 content being distributed separately. You're probably fine, but use appropriate caution :)

I really don't think I'm gonna have any time for this one sadly :( Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries though. Liking the use of vertical space in those orange box screens KT (though I'm not too sold on the texture choices in the latest shots), and SamCom's looks to have a cool C17 vibe to it already. Keep 'em coming folks!

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the rules: it says that the player is not allow to move beyond the 1024^3 space, but what about camera entities ? What if I use a Point_Viewcontrol outside the limited space ? Technically, the player would still be in the space. I was thinking about using an intro or something to that effect, but I'm a little unsure if the limitations apply to what the player sees or only to the player entity.

On a separate note, I'm glad this contest allows for SP maps. I was quite sad that the 20 Brush contest didn't allow for such entries.

PS. If CampaignJunkie was serious about Singleplayer, I could do a pretty badass sp level out of this. Whatcha think?

do whatever you feel fits best to the creative skills you have =) shots look... different. really curious to see where this is going!

also:

The 1024 challenge will remain open to any and all engines/tools of your choice.

i think this means you're free to use any custom content.

sentura: what did you dream??