Sign in to follow this  
skdr

Battlefield 3

Im confused as to why you would even get this game if your only going to play online a few times. The singleplayer will likely be mediocre at best based on the last two. BF is a multiplayer series.

Well :

http://www.fragland.net/news/EAs-Origin ... you/26513/

(Ho, I have never player a Battlefield game before)

That is ridiculous. Have you ever read a ToS or EULA before? That's standard practise for MMO's and the like to cover themselves in incase you violate their terms and they have to delete/ban your account. Just so they don't have unwanted lawsuits. Not to be the bad guys.

Just look at Steam:

...Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license and right to use the Software for your personal use in accordance with this Agreement and the Subscription Terms...

...Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or which otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so...

And yes, I might be biased but the heck... That's overreacting right there.

The 2 year thing might be a bit weird, but it's doubtful they'll enforce it.

Well :

http://www.fragland.net/news/EAs-Origin ... you/26513/

(Ho, I have never player a Battlefield game before)

That is ridiculous. Have you ever read a ToS or EULA before? That's standard practise for MMO's and the like to cover themselves in incase you violate their terms and they have to delete/ban your account. Just so they don't have unwanted lawsuits. Not to be the bad guys.

Just look at Steam:

...Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license and right to use the Software for your personal use in accordance with this Agreement and the Subscription Terms...

...Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or which otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so...

And yes, I might be biased but the heck... That's overreacting right there.

The 2 year thing might be a bit weird, but it's doubtful they'll enforce it.

Seriously. People are just finding reasons to nitpick and hate on Origin. They also used to have a thing where they said you wouldn't be able to re-download your game after a year unless you got download protection, but I never got that and doesn't seem like it was ever enforced and I could download my games fine from EA Download Manager (back when it was called that). That's all gone now since Origin though.

Im confused as to why you would even get this game if your only going to play online a few times. The singleplayer will likely be mediocre at best based on the last two. BF is a multiplayer series.

To try it. And I really don't think the SP will be an afterthought. Not anymore than CoD's is. EA wants to go out and take a swing at the king, they better pack something extraordinary.

To try it. And I really don't think the SP will be an afterthought. Not anymore than CoD's is. EA wants to go out and take a swing at the king, they better pack something extraordinary.

Regardless of what EA wants, you should probably take the studio and franchise pedigree into consideration. The difference in quality between Bad Company 2's single player and multiplayer was night and day. Boring flow, bad AI, and an incredibly slow pace due to the massive stretches of downtime between every encounter with enemies. It doesn't even show off the destruction stuff nearly as well as multiplayer does.

Origin seems to be pretty decent after all having used it for awhile now.

Also, this is starting to look like the first FPS since Left 4 Dead with multiplayer that's appealing. :quagmire:

Hardly, this will be the first BF game I play. And I'm not even sure I'll play its MP more than a couple times.

I was joking of course, I'm in the same case as you. ^^

Seriously. People are just finding reasons to nitpick and hate on Origin. They also used to have a thing where they said you wouldn't be able to re-download your game after a year unless you got download protection, but I never got that and doesn't seem like it was ever enforced and I could download my games fine from EA Download Manager (back when it was called that). That's all gone now since Origin though.

I don't hate Origin in the first place, I was ready to pre-order some days ago...

Wot the fuck!

he tables have turned. A day after we gladly reported that console gamers would be getting this great PC feature called “server browser”, we can now report that PC gamers won’t have an in-game server browser. DICE’s Alan Kertz has confirmed that in order to switch servers, you have to exit Battlefield 3, and use Battlelog to find another server and join.

Granted, Kertz points out that BF3 “starts up really fast”, but we can’t imagine it being more effective than having an in-game server browser, which has been the norm in PC games for decades — in fact, there’s no other game that requires you to exit in order to switch servers.

Considering that server switching is frequent among gamers, either because of rage quitting or trying to find a better game, or something third, this could cause some annoyance. We’ll have to wait and see how it plays out (no pun intended) when Battlefield 3 is released. So far, it’s kinda disappointing news, but we’ll see how it turns out in the end.

Console gamers now have in-game server browser, while PC gamers don’t. Oh the irony.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Similar to how Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield4Free works. Not entirelly surprised, and is was like that in the BF3 alpha as well. If I can get into the game reasonably fast then fine.

Haha, yeah. To be honest Battlefield's in-game browsers have always been a bit shit and if I'd had the option to use something like Steam or All-Seeing Eye I probably would have. :oops:

With that said this new system does seem a bit weird. Making a robust web-based server browser is cool, but to not include any kind of server browser in the game itself? I'll be very surprised if they don't at the very least just stick a web browser in the game that simply shows the web-based server browser. They already use such in-game web browsers for things like MOTDs so I can't imagine it'd be much of a stretch.

Heh, makes me think of the old CS days where the ingame server browser was complete shite and best option was to use stuff like Gamespy.

The All Seeing Eye! Omg the memories!!

187010354_7e3972094c.jpg