hessi

Random Photo Thread

Just got back from a weekend away at a forest lodge with my family, which provided a lot of great photo opportunities. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into sorting them out over Christmas as it's been ages since I've gotten to have a good play, but I did find a little time to Lightroom the shit out of this one tonight (click for the 4K monster):

2048.jpg

I think I went a bit overboard with the grading (LOL BLORANGE) and something about the framing bothers me, so I'll be revisiting this one when I do the full batch. But I'll tell you what, editing photos on a 5K screen is god damned excellent. I can't wait until every monitor ever is like this. It's also weird because to edit photos how they look at 100% on a normal monitor you have to use 200%. It's going to take me a while to get used to the implications viewing images this way has on sharpening — I hope I didn't get it too wrong here.

Taken this morning on my road to work :)

I'm getting "near-future, oppressive-regime, gloomy-atmosphere" vibes from this pic :-D (ala City17)

Probably because of the low sun angle/exaggerated shadows and under-exposed foreground :)

Just got back from a weekend away at a forest lodge with my family, which provided a lot of great photo opportunities. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into sorting them out over Christmas as it's been ages since I've gotten to have a good play, but I did find a little time to Lightroom the shit out of this one tonight (click for the 4K monster):

I think I went a bit overboard with the grading (LOL BLORANGE) and something about the framing bothers me, so I'll be revisiting this one when I do the full batch. But I'll tell you what, editing photos on a 5K screen is god damned excellent. I can't wait until every monitor ever is like this. It's also weird because to edit photos how they look at 100% on a normal monitor you have to use 200%. It's going to take me a while to get used to the implications viewing images this way has on sharpening — I hope I didn't get it too wrong here.

I think a bit of non-destructive HDR processing should work good for this pic

It could enhance the details and contrast between the bright sun area (top) and relatively dimmer lower parts of the pic.

Worth a try :)

A preview of a little panorama picture i made yesterday at sunset :) No color correction so far. Just merged the images together. I'll show you the finished version in 1-2 weeks when i'm back home.

screenshot_2014-12-31lbssg.png

I like the "rule of thirds" composition in this pic and I really dig the fiery outburst of the sunset color; nice shot :)

It could use a bit of HDR toning to bring the details on the dim beach or on the contrary, play with levels to further dim/darken and hide beach details.

Plenty of possibilities especially if you shot it in RAW; looking forward to see the end results in 2 weeks