What are you playing now?

Sentura

YFAEi.jpg

This is in Dark Valley, after the X18 lab. The military rush in and attack you, and Sid tells you to escape to the south: There's an old path the military isn't guarding so you can slip out. The makers of the NS mod felt that this was clearly letting the player off too easily: As you approach, the gate lowers a bit revealing an APC and squad of soldiers, and the APC proceeds to instakill you in a single shot from its machinegun without warning.

Fuck this mod.

heavy rain :/ the one good thing I heard about the game was the story. I disagree:

- the police are actually retarded and don't follow any kind of normal practice, ie the suspect leaves a building and your wondering what is going on in there, don't bother searching it and thus find evidence that helps prove the suspect actually had nothing to do with it.

- never explain why the suspect comes out of the blackout with origami dogs in his hand

- make the player play a section then later in the game make up something totally different that happens there

- etc etc

Core mechanics feel ok, controls can be a bit shit sometimes, quite a annoying when the hold buttons vibrate in the same way that the tap buttons vibrate. Made the electricity maze very annoying when they drop just 1 tap button amongst 15 hold buttons, took me about 4 tries on that one fence to figure that out.

Your actions actually have very little effect over what happens in the game as much as the developers claimed otherwise. You can in fact not do anything for half the "game" and it would automatically play through anyway.

Graphically it looks horrible, some terrible animations, flat lighting, massive disparity between detail in different environments, poor lip sync.

That all said, I enjoyed it enough. 6/10 Lucky I borrowed it from someone at work and didn't buy it.

ie the suspect leaves a building and your wondering what is going on in there

I was completely dumbfounded when that happened. I still don't understand. How is it that a team of SWAT can't jump down a roof? Or just shoot him? Heavy Rain has some really tense moments, but the writing, if anything, is detrimental to that game. The new jurassic park game is more likely to benefit from this kind of gameplay.

see 3:58

i just noticed they have a helicopter too

Playing Empire Total War again while being excited about shogun 2 :D

After replaying empire total war again however i found myself looking back at Civ5 and thinking civ5 is really boring and not nearly as fun campaign map on empire. I feel that civ series might be dead for me... especially when i find other rts's going leaps and bounds over what they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Most people who played L4D/2 take the game way too seriously. If you're a noob, count on getting kicked out of pretty much every game you play. Also prepare for the nerd rage from your team mates.

I would play through the single player campaign until you feel relatively comfortable with the mechanics.